Author Topic: [S3A] - The largest Silent Hunter III Archive of the world  (Read 681841 times)

Offline REV_Grey Eminence

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    0%
  • |REViSi0N| - what else?

In helping Blitz with all the workload I took over [S3A] - and also the other parts, too: S4A and S5A

The [S3A] replaces:
all the old stuff on Filefront.com(down since 20100211)
all the old stuff on Gamefront.com(down since 20160430)
Silent Hunter Addict (down since years) - run by LzZ, who died 05/2015
Beyond the Shadows-mods(BTS is down since years) - run by SWCowboy, CapZap, Koondawg, Yamato9 and Carotio,
well until they split up.
silenthuntermods.com(down since 20150125) - run by Carotio
mysh3.info(down since years like the SH3wiki) - run by Danurve
RealSimulations.com(down since years) - run by Terrapin
Plissken's FTP-server(down since 20190318), never bothered to respond to his emails
and includes all files from SuSi, mostly with newer versions as well as a mirror-copy of everything that remained.

YOU CAN HELP, TOO!
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Post any download-link of files you would like to have added, please make clear for what Silent Hunter (3,4,5) that file is.
And you can also spend us a pizza plus a beer by making a donation:
"Sincere thanks for your interest!": show

Everything collected here is either freeware, shareware or public domain and we take neither responsibility nor money for all this. At the moment reading this you have already considered giving something for the amount of time and the heart'ly dedication that you have obviously seen in this project for the entire SH3-community or maybe a little share of the server-
costs.

If you think this should be honored you may easily spend us an ice-cream or some crate of beer if you make a simple international bankpayment to

Receipient:Vodafone GmbH
IBAN:DE68300700100250800000
BIC:DEUTDEDDXXX
Credit Institute:Deutsche Bank Duesseldorf
Intended Purpose:01748044030 *** IMPORTANT! ***

OR

if you are located in Germany, you can do that even easier with almost any bank-service-terminal. Read here on how easy it is!

Please do not forget to submit the "purpose"-information! Else it will NOT work.

Thank you!

The structure with quick-access-links:
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
= [S3A] =
  L_DOC_-_Tutorials_&_Training_Manuals
  L_Fun_Around_SH3
  L_GFX_-_Graphics_&_Screenshots
  L_LiB_-_HiSTORiCAL_LiBRARY
    L_HiSTORiCAL_Documents
  L_MiS_-_MiSSi0NS_ARCHiVE
  L_MODS
    L_MEGA_MODS
    L_Single_Mods
      L_Additional_Units(Sea/Air/Land)
      L_MODS_for_CAMPAIGNS-MiSSiONS
      L_MODS_for_GAMEPLAY
      L_MODS_for_GRAPHICS
      L_MODS_for_SOUNDS
  L_TOOLS
    L_Mission_Editor
    L_SH3-Commander-Extensions
  L_ViD_-_Videos

Created 20120910 - so 10+ years ago
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
The background-idea of the = [S3A] = was born when BL/TZ returned from SH5 to SH3 in summer 2012. He had quit playing and returned because FIEDLER introduced him to "xvii" and they finally began playing MultiPlayer Wolfpacks there.

Because SuSi is so cluttered with unsorted and untidy threads (and the moderators rather care for petty crap than doing something in order to improve the situation) he found only old threads, outdated information and... dead links (especially from Gamefront, Filefront and Rapidshare). As the direct consequence he then rummaged through the arsenals that were there and cranked up everything that he could - and then brought it all together into ONE place where everybody can then find everything. For free. And no need to login or register anywhere to be able to download or any other silly download-limits as on SuSi.

In summer 2013 he expanded the storage-capabilities and since then = [S3A] = is the largest for SH3, because since then it includes the Plissken-Goldmine. In 2015 he gave the torch over to me, Grey Eminence, I now maintain the archives, do backups and all that.

If you want to upload to the S3A then use either these two links: UPLOAD TO THE SH3-ARCHiVE / UPLOAD TO THE SH3-ARCHiVE
Both links work the same, the only difference is that Link1 is the shorter version of Link2.

Spread the word about the biggest archive for SH3!
...and that I'm running it. Hehe...
« Last Edit: 20230213, 21:58:59 by REV_BL!TZKR!EG »

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• ...somewhere...below...
  • REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    75%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
Some update (mainly REV_Grey Eminence)
« Reply #1 on: 20210702, 11:18:56 »

Okay, bueno, let us give you an update... When I made the mistake and included a 1:1 copy of the Plissken-archive some years ago (it was on 20140801), I would not know how much old bullshit that guy is hosting. Problem was: Maik never answered his emails, no matter what, how often and how nice you went about it. Look at the outdated crap he hosts under my name there and judge by yourself...

Really? A Front-End version that is 7 (SEVEN!) years old? :no:
And such outdated trash is called "Maiks serious SH3-Mod archives" on SuSi. Do not make me laugh, look at the file-dates and then compare with my release-list!

Anyway. While Grey took the DEFF down for a "concerted effort" to raise the necessary funds, he and I spent some time on reworking, resorting more than 600 files on S3A.

SIX HUNDRED!

Enjoy... And Strikeback/SuSi, you can now copy my work again without saying thanks!  :7:

S3A is what SuSi is not. A download archive of all things SH3 related, easy to use, no snot to contend with and no download limits.
AND FOR FREE!
AND WITHOUT ENFORCED REGISTRATION!
« Last Edit: 20230318, 11:40:06 by REV_BL!TZKR!EG »
» HONOR, AMISTAD Y RESPETO! Es mejor morir de pie que vivir toda una vida de rodillas! «

⚡️ Home of S3A - S3F - S3G - DEFTS3 -

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    0%
File Requests? Here!
« Reply #2 on: 20220714, 13:22:57 »
I spoke with Blitz and he agreed, too, that file requests should be merged here, so we got it all in one topic.
(Then I do not know why you created it at another place).

All MAIL2_ accounts to be notified, especially those who have the bad habit to never respond.

So if anybody reads this and has the requested file(s), USE THIS LINK TO UPLOAD IF YOU CAN HELP OUT: (CLICK)

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    0%
Blitz and our team are stil searching for this particular file which seems to have vanished from all platforms:

"Splash Screens Package V.rar"

Offline DEF_FIEDLER

• SoKo I
  • ...is a good one!
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    0%
  • old XVII !
    • Kommandant
I'm searching for Urfisch's "final FX and GUI mod", all D/L seem unfunctional and Urfisch doesn't know if he's still got it either.

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• ...somewhere...below...
  • REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    75%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
What? The creator of the mod himself does not know if he still got it? What a scatterbrain !!!   :25_ani_consider: :26_ani_patsch:  :t-es-fou-toi:  :eek:  :biggrin:
» HONOR, AMISTAD Y RESPETO! Es mejor morir de pie que vivir toda una vida de rodillas! «

⚡️ Home of S3A - S3F - S3G - DEFTS3 -