Author Topic: Hope for all MultiPlayers: EVOLVE's Death is not the End of Multiplayer for DEF!  (Read 28006 times)

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• ...somewhere...below...
  • REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    75%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!

and that means:

Despite the lazy spring- and summer time DEF continues to prevail and dominate!

Also worth mentioning is Wittmann on place 9...
« Last Edit: 20220411, 15:06:23 by REV_Grey Eminence »
» HONOR, AMISTAD Y RESPETO! Es mejor morir de pie que vivir toda una vida de rodillas! «

⚡️ Home of S3A - S3F - S3G - DEFTS3 -

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    75%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
The Death of Evolve is not the End of Multiplayer for DEF!!!
« Reply #1 on: 20181103, 22:14:38 »
Did you know that effective November 11th, Evolve will no longer provide network support? In other words, they are kaputt and are going to pull the plug. This means you will not be able to play SH3 multiplayer using Evolve as network.

Shock to all MultiPlayers: Tunngle is down for good and Evolve goes the same road

However, multiplayer wolfpack operations will still be going strong here at DEF. Yes, our resident IT expert has introduced an alternate means of network support and tests have proven we will still be capable of hosting and participating in SH3 multiplayer wolfpack operations even with the demise of Evolve! Welcome to DEFLAN:

- 20181108 - NEW: Introducing DEFLAN - reason: EVOLVE SHUTS DOWN.

Long live DEF MP Wolfpack gaming!

Yes, we have our new DEFLAN by other means, check our calendar for the next scheduled wolfpack sessions.

So, if you are not a member of DEF but are reading this thread and perhaps you are interested in playing SH3 Multiplayer?
If so, please read our Standard Operating Procedures and come to talk on TeamSpeak. Simply install it, then click on TeamSpeak. Can not be any easier.

And you can learn how to submit your application and join DEF.

I hope to see you around DEF and within our multiplayer wolfpacks.

Good Hunting!
« Last Edit: 20191006, 15:19:23 by DEF_BL!TZKR!EG »
» HONOR, AMISTAD Y RESPETO! Es mejor morir de pie que vivir toda una vida de rodillas! «

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    75%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
Re: This is how I like it! PROGRESS!
« Reply #2 on: 20181128, 20:30:56 »
Much has been going on. I habitually list all that in the Admin Change-Log (="What's new?"), but let me mention that I am proud of this flotilla,
especially all those who have proudly flagged MP=1 (and play MP). You MP-guys really prove that you are ELITE!

As for DEF:
We survived UBI. We survived SuSi. We survived Tunngle. And now we have survived Evolve and have created and announced [DEFLAN]. I am
collecting the necessary data for an updated version of DEFO so you can then even see who is currently connected. The test-code already works!

Many are now browsing our forum to find info because their own group has nothing to offer. A good example are Steel Sharks, look:

Source: http://steelsharksforum.proboards.com/thread/4191/evolve-tunggle
If you click on that link and read the first response it becomes obvious that they did not even know what Evolve is.

And CTU_Clay calls them experts who know their business, look:

Source of this joke: http://subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2543602

I bet we are now the only active SH3 group that is still capable of playing wolfpacks :) ;)
HERE is the progress, HERE is the activity, HERE are the games, HERE is the development, HERE is the ELITE.

Ah - and no, we do not do the homework for other groups for free anylonger.
Do not misunderstand, this is my personal opinion: I have really been abused enough in this regard. I wrote a heap of tools to facilitate
the life of SH3-users only to see that as thanks my group is mobbed out and my threads and even my files are deleted. I also say that
because former DEF-members like Blackswan40 (that is Upholder/Steel Sharks) or Robert4260 (that is boba1/Steel Sharks) always took
our help (for Robert I spent an entire saturday and then he waved good-bye on monday!), but lied that they never had any money to
spend for sharing the server costs at DEF - and then you see them donating @SuSi to become a Fundraiser Contributor or even an
Admiral - and that is not only 5 bucks...
Source#1: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2566612
Source#2: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2574008

That's why I say: No more! No more free support for those unthankful folks that do not support us!

We only help other groups and their members if they donate a reasonable amount to DEF for the hours and nights that we always spend!

And now back to the fun, anyone playing tonight? I am on TeamSpeak...

Offline REV_Grey Eminence

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    0%
  • |REViSi0N| - what else?
Re: To Steel Sharks and groups of that sort
« Reply #3 on: 20190106, 10:29:29 »
Too all the freeloaders that are mooching around on our forum lately:

Why do you guys not simply show some appreciation to our work, DONATE a sensible amount, say 20$ as an individual or 50$ as a group to DEF and then even the Steel Sharks who always got the flowers as described above would get help.

But we are no longer doing everything only to have others outside of DEF take advantage at our expense.

I would write:

Hallo members of x-flotilla!
We all had to acknowledge that EVOLVE shuts down and there would come a problem for MP.
The difference between your group and ours is that we have not ceased MP-operations, we have come up with a working solution.
We see that some of your members are searching through our forums to obtain information from us.
This time, however, we have not made this public like we always used to.
We can share this knowledge, but this time we do not want others to get the honor again for the work we have spent our time on.

Therefore we ask you and your group to give us something back this time: Show your appreciation for our work and donate a sensible sum of money (example $50, you are 5 members, so that is 10$ only each while we saw you spending way more elsewhere) to our group and we will share it with you.

> How about this? <
« Last Edit: 20210927, 07:58:23 by REV_Grey Eminence »

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    75%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
APPROVED.

[MULTIPLAYER STATUS]

STATUS 2022: DEF is operational in MultiPlayer, see latest MP-results.
Meeting-place remains on DEFTS3 (TEAMSPEAK).
« Last Edit: 20220411, 15:00:36 by REV_Grey Eminence »