Linked Events

• 5 YEARS DEF-FORUM: 20210824

Author Topic: Doenitz Elite Flotilla - [GENERAL]-Talk That Does Not Fit Elsewhere  (Read 241311 times)

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• ...somewhere...below...
  • REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    100%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
Marv, I really do not want to mess around words here.

We are not preoccupied with nothing. My tool DEFO does that monitoring automatically. You too can download it if you like.

The reason we have this thread has nothing to do with Susi. It was just that you claimed you have no time to simply respond. That is all. And the fact that you suddenly have time to login and post, and login again and post, has just proved my point.

As for LSH, I have been member of the DEV-team, so it know it. S3MT supports it, too. In fact the mods that S3MT supports are: GWM,GWX,GWR,14b,RUB,24F,UTW,LSH,WAC - where do you miss it?

Anyway. See you around whenever you feel you have the time. And thanks for using my file-format on Susi :)
» HONOR, AMISTAD Y RESPETO! Es mejor morir de pie que vivir toda una vida de rodillas! «

⚡️ Home of S3A - S3F - S3G - DEFTS3 -

marv2112

I am on vacation from work. So when I have not been busy with the kids, I've been doing some SH3 things. That's why I've been around more.

If you don't mind I have a quick question:  I was able to download and install the KM Grid that was suggested in your posts. (It is a great tool!) However, the SH3 game map does not seem to be really accurate as regards the actual Earth.  Granted that shouldn't be a shock because this is a GAME. Here's the problem I face: The KM grid descriptions in the missions I've written are off- WAY off compared to where they're supposed to be. For instance, The Coimbra was sunk by U-123 off the Hamptons in LI, New York. The Account says the action occurred at CA 2896. Lining up the wreck site on the nautical charts I have and eyeing it to the SH3 map has put the wreck at CA 2948 when the KM grid is pulled over it!  If I put it where it's supposed to be according to the game grid it will be miles more to the west and not off the Hamptons. Should I make the events match the KM Grid OR line it up by eye  to match the actual charts? Unfortunately one can not have both. Correct me if I'm wrong.  What do hardcore gamers prefer? These guys on DEF strike me as the hardcore type. The Subsim guys seem to be more casual and not as likely to bombard me with tomatoes and torpedoes if some of my work is a bit inaccurate. (Hence the reason I'm more inclined to upload things there first.) I will figure out how to use the  Silent Hunter Mission Toolkit coming up.  I thought I read that GWX is the supermod used by DEF for MP games. I read the thread in which you posted how to properly mod your game for MP missions. Thanks for your time and Thanks for LSH3 supermod! :)

Offline REV_Grey Eminence

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    0%
  • |REViSi0N| - what else?
Which download-link did you use? Just to make sure we're talking about the same version.

Grids? I think RICK FORTENS can answer this best.

marv2112

Hi Grey Eminence,

I used the KM grid map (20.43 MB) by
sublynx (Uploaded by sublynx) at https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=4667

Thank You for your time.

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    100%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
Okay this is something personal. Ignore if you are a snowflake or some other whiner who is easily offended. And I do not force anyone to comment. It is just a personal remark.

As some of you know, my grandfather was German, today would be the centenary of his birth. He passed away at age 87 but naturally I think of him today. He was the reason for much. He survived. He went to Mexico (along with my grand-uncle). He was the "officer". As a young boy, growing up in Franco-Spain, I often wondered why people would greet him on the street, some would literally "stand straight". That was my grandfather. May he rest in peace. Why I mention this?

Picture this! Picture me as a small boy growing up in said Franco-Spain and even I was greeted with "HEIL" on the streets. Very odd memories. I remember one occasion... it was summer. I remember it was hot and that several tourists were shocked that native Spainards were driving by on their bikes and greeting me on the street... with "HEIL". Imagine that! Unbelievable? Maybe. But so it happened. And not only once. Looking back I surely did not deserve that kind of respect. What did I have to do with the war that was three decades over. Hardly anything at all.

Today I take the time to watch one of the few NOT softwashed German movies. In the German original. To get the better atmosphere. It was broadcasted on German TV and ever since burried under the rubble of political correctness. It does simple not fit into nowadays German PC-pattern of brainwash of course...

Here it is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_War

I can only recommend it. The name-coincidence makes it even more immersive for me.

If you can, see all three parts in one go...
» HONOR, AMISTAD Y RESPETO! Es mejor morir de pie que vivir toda una vida de rodillas! «

Rick Fortens

What a wonderfull story Blitzy !

I've seen this tv serie and, as I remember, it was realy good.

I salute the memorie of your grandfather.

rudewarrior

All the people from that generation have such rich stories, it is amazing to hear them.  I told you about some of mine. I won't hijack the thread with those stories, this one is celebrating your grandfather.

I saw Generation War (or Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter in German) a few years ago. I thought, on the whole, it was pretty good. I felt their portrayal of the conditions on the Russian front were pretty nicely done. A bit stylized, but they showed the brutality and chaos that seemed to be a day-to-day affair. The actors all did good jobs, too.

However, I found Greta's character to be contrived and unbelievable. All the other characters seemed to have very individual perspective stories that encompassed a lot of what people were experiencing during the war, but didn't completely encompass everything, thus not losing their individuality. I felt like the writers decided Greta was going to experience every single other possible aspect of the war that the others didn't experience. She just seemed like a mish mash of experiences that were just thrown together to make sure that they had covered all the bases. Since they did that with her, I think that it really opens itself up to a lot of the criticisms you see on Wikipedia that the movie was trying to portray the German people as victims or dupes. Had they just wrote a more individual story for her, it would be much more plausible that this story was just about five people who weren't Nazis in Nazi Germany.

Friedhelm was my favorite character, but (avoiding spoilers here) I was very disappointed with the end of his story. He had a superior character arc, but to end his story that way was very uncreative and disappointing. The writers really dropped the ball on that one and there were several options that would have been much better.

It was, on the whole good, but there were some areas where there could have been some definite improvement.
« Last Edit: 20190911, 05:03:52 by DEF_rudewarrior »

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    100%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
We in |DEF| are not using the file by Sublynx. What he did was take the AOTD-papers, scan them and put them into the game as draggable sheets. We use our own mod reflecting the grids on the whole map. But we have not published it.

See the Operation Spinennnetz map. Does that help you?

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    100%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
Built on 20100730 by Nickwkr, they decided to pack their forum.

Good bye UBF

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    100%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
I must say, it really is no loss. No activity. 90% of the threads were last active like YEARS ago.

Forum full of crap and non-functioning links and people who either write plural with "nerd-apostrophy"
or otherwise cannot write their mother-language in a proper manner. Most video-links dead, too.
It all looked abandonned since years and utter pants overall.

I found it very funny how they wrote about our old group:
https://silenthunterubf.forumfree.it/?t=50139486

I HAD VISITED THIS FORUM ... WHAT A GREAT SET UP THEY HAVE IF YOUR INTERESTED IN TOTAL MISSION AND CONVOY STUFF VERY DEDICATED CREW

I ask:
Hey Nick, dear old friend.
Why is it that YOU have never been 30% as dedicated?

Their forum is full of nice words like "Hey, I am going to do this and that"
(like reuploading)
but a) 99% of the MEGAuploads are dysfunctional
and b) most of the times it was never done in all the years, example: https://silenthunterubf.forumfree.it/?t=54361371

Half the forum looks like this...
MAP'S...DESTROYER'S...FLAG'S...MISSION'S (PUKE!!!)

and the other half goes like...
https://silenthunterubf.forumfree.it/?t=49908662

"Hey, nice pics" - but everything either cluttered or gone. Tells me again: Not everybody should run a forum...!

Okay, I took the time and went through that broken forum, in fact hundreds of "dummy-apostrophies" and broken links on 'CX' and 'MEGA' as well as old Rapidshare where nobody bothered to keep links alive...

...and I say: Everything worth downloading (that DID work) is evacuated.

All missions can now be reported to our S3MA Community Project using [S3MT] - The Silent Hunter III-Mission Toolkit.
« Last Edit: 20200127, 09:23:09 by REV_BL!TZKR!EG »

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    100%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
Hm, marv, you act very odd.

You say you have no time, but you have time to write missions that
a) you upload elsewhere, you have submitted ZERO to our archive
b) in which do not keep the format, see examples below
c) you even upload to WRONG places, see examples below
d) and here you are not very responsive, you do not answer at all.

SCREENSHOT EXAMPLES:

Why put SH3-files into SH5?
Or in other words: Why do you put LSH3-missions into JUTLAND?

I tell you for the last time now:
Keep the format! The format is described LONG & WIDE in S3MA ff.
Download and use [S3MT] - The Silent Hunter III-Mission Toolkit. It helps you get the format right and archives it AUTOMATICALLY.

No need to join DEF, but either you stick with MY format 100% (and not to some extend in some way) or you leave it to us.
And get the upload-locations right, you only add to the mess that already exists on SuSi when you do it wrong, examples below.
Get that fixed!

For now, your account will be removed, you do not respond to us anyway. We do not wish to continue waiting while you do it wrong elsewhere.

No harm, no bad beef.
Feel free to submit an application using DAPP when you have more time.
Feel free to come to TeamSpeak and talk to us.

Until then: Good-bye.
« Last Edit: 20190927, 13:35:28 by DEF_BL!TZKR!EG »

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    100%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
I made a post on his forum.
http://enigmaworldcodegroup.freeforums.net/thread/227/all-best-mauser
But I believe we have lost one of us.
 :Susi_icon9:

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    100%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!

Lads, hold it for a moment. I have not only lost my dear friend EDWIN VAN SANTEN. No, all of us lost BEN DAGLISH. And I had not even noticed it.

This is one of his last public appearances. HE, the creator himself, playing cross flute, playing his very own songs that he had written for SYSTEM 3 roughly 20 years before.

RIP BEN. You will be missed!  :Kaleun_Salute-1:

Sources:
http://ben-daglish.net
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Daglish
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_High_Voltage_SID_Collection
personal experiences

Offline REV_Grey Eminence

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    0%
  • |REViSi0N| - what else?
What a pity! I loved Last Ninja so much.

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    100%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
And it is again about two girls. Impressive...

What is this! I-M-P-R-E-S-S-I-V-E !!!  :hinchada: