Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Past, Current And Ongoing Projects / = NEW VERSION [S3Q] =
« Last post by REV_BL!TZKR!EG on 20230407, 08:51:38 »
⚡️ NEW VERSION OUT NOW! ⚡️

- 20230407 - [UPDATED] FLOTILLA TOOL: S3Q V4.5.7.8b: logfix, gwhois-fix, 5UFfix

--─────────────────────────────── ■  2do:  ■ ───────────────────────────────--
- Test/find/fix bugs, find players who play with it, continue with new client to replace Canovaro's old S3O-code.
- S3Q_QMPR: new endscreen that fetches the U-Boot number + topic ID# from roster, auto-opens the respective threads with reply,
preformats the copyabletext (Thanks, FIEDLER for idea!)
- ...the new client coming up when I find time

PUB - PUBLIC & GENERAL / The end of 'gwhois.org'
« Last post by REV_BL!TZKR!EG on 20230407, 08:16:23 »
It appears to me that many things, if not everything in some sense, come to their end - and so does one of the oldest services around: 'gwhois.org', explains its developer Izzy Galvez on his website.

I have been using that service for ages so it goes not without deep regret that I have to rewrite portions of my network-modules, so stay tuned for updates on almost every tool I wrote for DEF as well.

Thanks to Izzy at any rate.
 :Kaleun_Salute-1:
GWX
Thomsen's Sound Pack V3.2cg
Rbs1_SH4_Effects_GWX_30_71
Rapt0r's Uniforms V2.0 [Grey]
Rapt0r's Uniforms V2.0 [Grey - All Leather] Patch
Rubini's Underwater dust&plancton v1
M.E.P v6
Optional - ShipVanishingHull for MEP v6
Optional - FSF for MEP v6
TKSS18 German U-Boote Compilation
FixAllSubGWX
ARB WideGUI 1920x1080 V4
ARB - English & Deutsch language
Sh3_volumtric_clouds&fog_V2.2
Ricks_GWX_Rec_Man_Final
M.E.P v6- VisualSensors for GWX3
H.sie Hard-coded fixes (Realistic Repair Times, WO and WP Range Inaccuracy, Snorkelling-Fix, Periscope-Fix, Hydrophone-Fix, External torpedo reload fix, Internal torpedo reload fix, Crash dive blues - Bugfix, Move 1WO to bridge, Fog warning, Oxygen-Supply, BDU-Messages Mod, Radar Fix, WarNews, Wolfpack Mod, Battery Discharge Bugfix, Torpedo Failure Fix, Night Vision Fix, Bad Weather Fix, Sip Collision Damage Fix, Torpedo Pistol Switch BugFix, 4GB-Patch)
PUB - PUBLIC & GENERAL / Thoughts on...: Ubisoft and RELOADED
« Last post by REV_BL!TZKR!EG on 20230319, 13:43:27 »
I find it increasingly astonishing how matters are dealt with on SuSi. They badmouth me with unfounded accusations about my software that - in their unqualified eyes - 'apparently' lacks integrity, completely ignoring that I provide checksums, detailed change-logs and all that in public only to keep players from using my software, but more to that later.

In the past those who posted about cracks were banned from their forum while they now allow pretty much every modder to release their modsoup as an independently running complete crack - more than often including the files that the SNOT gang advertised as "We do not post this here, but you find it when you search for it on the web". Worst example of publishing such an illegal full-game crack is OneAlex - and his modsoup may only be pushed so much because he is UKR and the UKR are the good ones in western media at the moment, but who knows...

Those crack-files, often referred to as the RELOADED-Crack shed a weird light on matters. Why would individuals spread those files under a different name? Hipocrit #1 is not the SNOT, no, is Plissken himself: While he publicly hosts a variety of movies and other copyright-related material and SuSi still promotes his archive on their forum, he deemed it necessary to spread those files as "Silent Hunter III RepairFiles" and alike.

Background: Much later than 2005, however, the SNOT-gang had already posted a sticky topic going like "Ubisoft approved this" as a solution to run the game without the DVD in the drive.

What? Ubisoft approved that? Using a crack by RELOADED?

Well, well, let me show you all another detail that indicates that Ubisoft seems to have a habit of approving what RELOADED does, look here, they, i.e. Ubisoft themselves, have done that in multiple cases, here is just one:

Ubisoft updated their own game 'Rainbow Six: Vegas 2' by publishing a patch that was based on a RELOADED-crack.

What?  :perdona: Yes, you read damn right and I quote this for you:

Ubisoft had a novel—not to mention cheap—way to fix this: a crack that allows the game to play without a disc in the drive. The issue? The crack came from the "warez" group Reloaded, with no attribution or notice that third-party code was used to fix the DRM issue.

Source: https://archive.is/AVRJe

Just a thought. Maybe you use your own brain now and re-assess SuSi's hipocricy on all this...
when this is finished, SH3 will have a huge revival!
Could really be.

On the other hand:
The code is practically ready since 5 months, but there seems to be no interest in this at all.
The morons keep complaining about how complicated the installation is and some are even to silly
to get the "Fiedler-Install" on Steam done, but never look here or show any interest.

I release it when I get around to it.
Step by step I am adding the checksums for the individual executables included verified with TiNYMD5, simply because I only want correct files and only newest versions.

2do:
"Note: This file is now being distributed as part of [SH3MOD]_Modders' SDK - BL!TZKR!EG Edition, you find it in public\Mission Toolkit there!"
is wrong, file is mistakenly not included, Textfile is misleading... 2 be done...
[AiO - Historical Correctness instead of PC Wokeness]
Over the years people often complained that they wanted historical flags in their game.  The solutions that were passed around on
the old forums mostly only changed the textures for the ships, particularly the Bismarck. Everyone wanted a screenshot of the
gigantic Bismarck with a proper flag.

Then also people started to post pictures of what they had achieved in game, i.e. their medals, so the mods that only corrected the
ships fell short. And let us be honest: Politically correct medals of that time look silly. Period.

And lastly, had you installed that one mod, you were consequently missing out on the other nice stuff, so what I always wanted was
some sort of an ALL IN ONE version, so here it is.

I liked how EricLea put it with his own words:
"Political correctness bullshit removed - let's stay politically neutral rather!"

One the other hand this mod is NOT a political statement of any sort and does not promote anything. The sole purpose of this
historical mod is historical accuracy and atmosphere in SHIII.

Use this mod at YOUR OWN RISK.  If swastikas or World War II era German symbols are illegal in your country just DO NOT
INSTALL this mod.  Where I come from we usually only laugh about those silly "German" laws in Germany, Austria... Nobody
cares here.

[CHANGELOG]
- 20230217 - [RELEASE] |HCiPCW| V1

The current HCiPCW-version replaces and includes in A-Z order:
- all previous versions
- ----------unknown--------------- unknown tex.rar, by an unknown author only corrected ships and Bismarck.
- 666E7D3DFE677A0B31396FAF417D9816 7398417 Kossu's version - based on "tex.rar" had several ingame screens included
- 91527CE5AACE1503D0200AA67878C4E5   29756 Swastika flag.7z, by EricLea, had GFX for own U-Boot and ALL German ships)
- B9452C21C31B20E7C345A4F0122DDD5E  319803 EMB's swastika medals, had the most beautiful insignia

[HCiPCW QUiCK iNSTRUCTi0NS]
Installation and using "Historical Correctness instead of PC Wokeness" (short: HCiPCW) is straightforward:

Download this mod and use the "UNPACK TO " function of 7z after right clicking to unpack into your MODS folder
By this you will get a directory named "Historical Correctness instead of PC Wokeness" in there and all data will be found in that dir.

Open JSGME (I recommend to use S3F, it makes your life easier), then pick and activate the mod.

If you activate this mod, there suddenly appear two addons and here is why:
EMB's insignia look a bit more "shiny", so you can add them as optional addon.
EricLea made some alternative swastikas for all German ships.

Simply try out what you want. You can even activate both addons at the same time.

The result is that you then have a visible swastika on...
+ the flag of your own U-Boot
+ all other German ships
+ the recognition manual cover
+ medals and other decorations
+ several GUI-screens (ingame menu screens, stamps and watermarks etc.)

[DOWNLOAD]
[HCiPCW]
HCiPCW
Data
Details:Current VersionV1/811
File-Size (EXE)5.697.612 Bytes
File-MD5Sum4E9AB64D62797F7FA22674CE8524F9E6 * verified with TiNYMD5
+1

Nice summary and well said. I see that you also included one of my drafts that I stored here. No problem with that, mate.

Heck, does anybody still remember (or even have a backup of) our advertisement on Player.Me? Yes we had a page even there. But it totally went past me that that service has shut down, too, as you can see when you click on our page-link there.
+1

Really well described!
Looking back and resuming the time since Blitz made me an admin...

Tunngle went down after they tried to tell us it is an SH3 communication problem. What a bad joke!

Evolve is dead, too, after Adam sold his project and company and because
They'd pissed off a heck of a lot of people by selling Evolve off to a company that dropped the only feature everyone wanted. And to then ask money for what had been a free product.

Bowstring failed in his basic financing.

Channels on Discord are usually nothing besides silly beginners' talk going like "How do I install this and that, I cannot read instructions and I am awfully lazy, please do it for me" and meme-ridden content (oh-so-funny this, funny that), usually only 3-4 actually playing, if at all and everybody is trying to get folks into their discords instead of actually bringing people TOGETHER to play just as we in DEF always strived for.

Hamachi is an insecure joke. People with a sense do not use that.

Radmin is costly nonsense. People with half a brain do not pay for something that is elsewhere completely free (DEF has even free instructions).

Well, we in DEF have our FREE solution, but it seems nobody plays SH3-MP regularly AND IN SIGNIFICANT numbers higher than 3 or 4 anymore as can be seen in "Yet Another Discord Attempt" (YADA, YADA, YADA) on Steam. Nothing goes forward there as described earlier.

So if people would want to play, why do they not join DEF, and again, we offer a FREE solution (nothing expensive like Radmin) and we even have reporting tools programmed by Blitz and accounting and even score tables. And even a calendar to schedule efficient meetup times for play and we had a Teamspeak to meet on, too. But nobody wants to try all that?

Is it all oh so evil when Blitz has programmed it only because some arseholes from Subsim brainwash people into thinking that?

Why else do we lose members so often after oh-so-suddenly they are ill - but they never come back afterwards and never respond? Why is it that they ignore each and every mail we send them to get a life-sign? Are they suddenly brainwashed? Examples enough.

Can people not join here and make up their own mind?

Or are there no TRUE players of SH3-MP anymore and they only TALK about it?

GREY EMINENCE here on behalf of DEF: This game is only played by mentally twisted morons and otherwise is completely dead. Prove me wrong! [JOiN DEF & REGiSTER YOUR U-BOOT] and prove this is worth being maintained and that you play and/or finish a career and not only goof around and drop out because you embarrass yourself!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10