Author Topic: FiXED: Duplicated Node IDs  (Read 5995 times)

itadriver

Re: FiXED: Duplicated Node IDs
« Reply #30 on: 20170228, 20:30:20 »
HanSolo, but you can open those files?
S3ditor return me an error. I cant open.
Can someone try to open them?

itadriver

« Reply #31 on: 20170305, 18:47:25 »
I saw that many duplicate id are referred to embedded image and lm files (that have also the same name). I dont think it is a problem, isnt it? I think that is not a problem if a node call the same embedded image or lm.

itadriver

« Reply #32 on: 20170311, 11:11:29 »
I have a problem

First I have changed all the duplicates Id and I replaced, in sub nodes and in the other files, the parental ID with the new ones.

I made an other try: I changed only the principal ID (command_room, galley etc), changing also the respective parental ID, but the result is the same.

Where is the mistake? 

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• ...somewhere...below...
  • REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    62.5%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
« Reply #33 on: 20170312, 09:25:13 »
I saw that many duplicate id are referred to embedded image and lm files (that have also the same name). I dont think it is a problem, isnt it? I think that is not a problem if a node call the same embedded image or lm.
That is exactly what I remember we found out when we coded the |WAC|-Dup-Node-Killer
There is no way to address bad data - such as this embedding is since stock.
PT and HS answered they would address this rest in manual work.

Maybe that manual polishing work still needs to be done. HS can tell.

itadriver

« Reply #34 on: 20170314, 09:55:56 »
I manually replaced the duplicate id but i have the problem in previous post.
I also tried to change only the main node id (and the parental id in the sub nodes) but the problem is still there.

HanSolo78

« Reply #35 on: 20170315, 17:02:39 »
Then state what is needed first, please

It is needed to remap all dulicated IDs... BUT... all related files (.sim,.cam,.dsd, etc) have to be reassigned manually.
All with S3D.. would take some dozens of hours!

Please give an explanation what exatly you have to do after our DUP-Node-Killer-tool has been run.

I would not do it with DUP node Killer... because manually youhave more control here with S3D.
If you let Dup Node Killer do all the work you dont know anymore where the parent ID from a related file (.sim file for example) belongs to.
An example here... Dup Node Killer changes the ID of the ID 1915 the therelated .sim file has got a wrong parent ID and several functions do not work anymore.
So.. every (.sim, .cam,.dsd) file has to be reworked with all the ne IDs given.

-Short explanat
« Last Edit: 20170820, 12:29:05 by SysOp »