Author Topic: FiXED [BUG_beta1]_Target Locking ("Aufschaltung")  (Read 2094 times)

torpille

Uzo lock is ok but not for the two periscope.(the view locked does not lock more 5 seconds).
« Last Edit: 20170315, 17:42:20 by SysOp »

makman94

Re: lock view.
« Reply #1 on: 20170228, 06:38:30 »
this is altered in the sensors.dat at periscope ---> SensorData

increase the ''PreciseRange'' and ''MaxRange'' values and it will be fine

makman94

« Reply #2 on: 20170228, 15:50:19 »
guys, at the point i told you if you increase the values i told you ,the scope stays locked. i have done it in my game and it works.

if you notice the periscope is unlocking at your set ups when target is more than 5km away exactly becuase the value at precise range is 5000m and at max range 6000m

make it as PreciseRange=8000 and MaxRange=9000 and you will notice that the periscope is unlocking when target is about 9000m away (you can increase them as you wish)

@Gunnar: i am suspecting that you didn't alter the correct values.
the destination is:  library/sensors.dat/periscope--->SensorData
@itadriver: no, the periscope is not a visual sensor. it has its own node and settings at the destination i said to Gunnar above.
also,the sim.cfg is for AI settings
the visual at sensors.cfg is for the U-Boote lookouts(crew) and their porpuse is to delay the settings that you have done at the visuals of crew in the node-visual in sensors.dat (so the setting for the visuals of U-Boot is in the sensors.dat. what you see in the visuals of sensors.cfg is for delaying the main visual settings of the sensors.dat)
« Last Edit: 20170228, 15:56:43 by makman94 »

itadriver

« Reply #3 on: 20170228, 20:14:18 »

@itadriver: no, the periscope is not a visual sensor. it has its own node and settings at the destination i said to Gunnar above.
also,the sim.cfg is for AI settings
the visual at sensors.cfg is for the U-Boote lookouts(crew) and their porpuse is to delay the settings that you have done at the visuals of crew in the node-visual in sensors.dat (so the setting for the visuals of U-Boot is in the sensors.dat. what you see in the visuals of sensors.cfg is for delaying the main visual settings of the sensors.dat)

You are right. Sorry.
I use to change those file for warships.

makman94

« Reply #4 on: 20170301, 05:39:43 »

No, I changed exactly this value!
But... sometimes SH3 acts weird... I always make this experience if I change something.
Sometimes things are ignored.. sometimes the whole Sh3 installation is screwed!

what about the other testers ? did it work for them ? need to test it for see and come to a 'safe' conclusion

makman94

Re: [Bug Beta1] Lock periscope view
« Reply #5 on: 20170302, 16:15:27 »
I tested in the naval academy where the ships are about 1,5km away. With the Ins scope I had no problem. Only the attack periscope!

i mean all the testers must test what i suggested to get a 'safe' conclusion.

ps:both periscopes act the same in my set up (in my set up i have adjust them to unlock at 9000m and both stay locked till ,indead, 9000m)

itadriver

« Reply #6 on: 20170305, 01:32:23 »
No good for me :(
I noticed that only attack periscope has this problem and that if you lock the target with obs. periscope, also the attack periscope doesn't loose the target . I dont know what it means.

desertstriker

« Reply #7 on: 20170305, 13:42:39 »
changing the values for me works.  Though I set it up through commander so no matter what mods I have activated the change still gets applied.

itadriver

« Reply #8 on: 20170305, 18:18:21 »
Really strange!!!!!!
If i see a ship at 800 mt, I dont understand why periscope (that have 6000 mt as max range and 5000 mt as precise range), have not to lock it.
And..... why IXD2 do not suffer of this problem (periscopes nodes in 7c and 9d are identical).
I dont believe that with new values it will be fixed.
I have checked and, as I told before, periscope is a 'visual'. You can see it in sensor.dat/sensor data in its node.
For this, I believe that value in 'sensor.cfg' could be the solution. (My error: I said sim.cfg in previuos post).

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• ...somewhere...below...
  • REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    62.5%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
« Reply #9 on: 20170312, 10:54:54 »
But why the difference between the sub types?

Sensors.cfg is for all subs!

Yes but I could return the question: why change periscope's values if ixd2 has not the problem? Values are the same for all U-Boot.
I would go yet further and state:

I am playing a VIIc all the time - and sometimes the lock vanishes after approx 3s, and sometimes it remains locked.

I have no explanation as to why.

The only idea I have is:
  • it stays when my boat is surfaced
  • it gets lost when I am at peri-depth

makman94

Re: FiXED [BUG_beta1]_Target Locking ("Aufschaltung")
« Reply #10 on: 20170404, 10:09:51 »
Very nice that you found the mistake guys,

at the end of the development, i still believe that it will be a nice tweak to increase the range for locking the scope to 8-9 km and maybe even more (rather than 5km as stock and most supermods had exept NYGM).
my thinking is: You have the ship on scope view...why not to be locked on it if you want it to stay locked ?