REV - REViSi0N > Past, Current And Ongoing Projects

Past, Current And Ongoing Projects - An Introduction

(1/5) > >>

REV_BL!TZKR!EG:
When I left SH5 behind, I found my old love again: Silent Hunter III. The gameplay and immersion is much better than any other submarine-simulation that I have played in the past 30+ years, with maybe only AOTD coming close in things of SP/career (but then again totally missing out on MP and manual targeting unfortunately).

The situation on installation, tweaking and modding was far from satisfying. The moderators on the major forums (especially SuSi) have time for apparently every nonsensical crap but can not be bothered to strive for working links and keeping the forum sorted so one could then easily find what is searched. One of the most obvious and hilarious examples you can still see (today, 20210220) when you open the profile of JScones. The link in his signature still points to a deleted download SINCE WELL 6+ YEARS where it would be so easy to just make it work by pointing to File#4653! But what did these conceited jackasses do? They have never fixed it, instead deleted the fix I provided and in the end kicked me - the one who asked for having it fixed. Same with many all files that SNOT-posse deleted because it was me who coded them. So they prefer to have broken links instead of pointing to working downloads only because I was the one who uploaded/sorted them during my time as file-moderator there? Outright stupid, eh? That is why I quit chasing those ignorants and began with a number of projects to make my life with my found again love easier - and now all is available for FREE for everyone, WITHOUT need to register and with working and updated links - following is an overview, a logic nomenclature.

And it all has materialised without the 'support' and 'assistance' of their socalled community.

[div] - Multiplayer / Wolfpack / Online-Games
Another matter close to my heart has always been the multiplayer-capabilities of SH3 and the immense enhancement of game-fun involved. My approach since the closedown of the UBi-servers had been Tunngle and I have been strongly recommending it. But since the Tunngle-DEVs screwed up their own software, I then recommend EVOLVE, until Adam sold his project to Player.Me with the best of its functions dieing: The MP-connection. The threads that I have created had been listed within the dedicated group SH Multiplayer. It is a pity that the awkward administrator on that SuSi-forum has deleted a number of my threads without even letting me know any reason. Appreciation and respectful consideration look different! But at least they keep preaching that...

It turned out that TBT - The BL!TZKR!EG Team was also no longer a one-man-solo-show... The team turned five years old and we made a decision...

CURRENT & ACTiVE members of REViSi0N are... A-Z

I have in my hands the following source-codes:

S3O Client (Thanks Canovaro/xDEF/xTBT) -> soon to be replaced by the new S3Q
S3O Administration (Thanks Canovaro/xDEF/xTBT) -> totally recoded and several functions added
JFO (Thanks rudewarrior/DEF) -> soon a new tool and the installer
Commander
H.sie patch
Fader Berg patch
Tycho patch
S3R

Reverse-engineered:
- Transformer
- Tweak Pack

REV_BL!TZKR!EG:
Tools that are not only for SH3, but can also be used for SH4 and/or SH5 are marked with [!]
* [S3A] - The Silent Hunter III-Archive
* [S3B] - The Silent Hunter III-Backup (soon included in S3F and S3Q)
* [S3Br] - The Silent Hunter III-Briefing Editor (standalone discontinued, but now included in S3MT)
* [S3C] - The Silent Hunter III-Commander (by JScones, also referred to as SH3C)
* [S3Co] - Silent Hunter III-Contacts (by Nicolas)
* [S3DC] - Silent Hunter III-Dynamic Campaign (by Macchiavelli)
* [S3E] - Excellent and Universal Mega-Mod-Installer
* [S3F] - The Silent Hunter III-Front-End (by BL!TZKR!EG)
* [S3FB] - The Silent Hunter III-FaderBerg Patch (automated LEGACY-version soon to be included in S3F)
* [S3G] - The Silent Hunter III-Guide (by BL!TZKR!EG)
* [S3Ge] - Silent Hunter III-Gen (by GlobalExplorer)
* [S3H] - The Silent Hunter III-H.sie-Patch (includes 4GB-Tuning, automated version included in S3F)
* [SH3HYD] - The Silent Hunter III-Hydrophone-Tool by Richie/24F (discontinued, author has vanished/gone AWOL)
* [S3J] - JFO - (by rudewarrior)
* [S3K] - The Silent Hunter III-Keymapper [!] (by Jimimadrid)
* [S3L] - The Silent Hunter III-Log (by LGN1)
* [S3M] - Silent Hunter III-MultiSH3 (obsolete, all its code and all its functions are recoded and included in S3F plus COPY-Functions)
* [S3MA] - THE SILENT HUNTER III - MISSION ARCHIVE
* [SH3MOD] - THE SILENT HUNTER III - Modders' SDK - BL!TZKR!EG Edition (compiled and partly programmed by REV_BL!TZKR!EG)
* [S3MT] - The Silent Hunter III-Mission Toolkit (by BL!TZKR!EG)
* [S3N] - X
* [S3O] - The Silent Hunter III-Operation Spinnennetz (by Canovaro & BL!TZKR!EG)
* [S3P] - Silent Hunter III-Patrol (by Stiebler)
* [S3Q] - Silent Hunter III-Quite Sophisticated U-Boot-Communications (by BL!TZKR!EG)
* [S3R] - Silent Hunter III-Real Players' Radio Traffic Exchange (by ExFishermanBob)
* [SH3RME] - Silent Hunter III-Radio Messages Editor (by REV_BL!TZKR!EG)
* [S3S] - The Silent Hunter III-Stiebler-Patch (automated version soon to be included in S3F)
* [S3SK] - Silent Hunter III-SetKeys (by Cavalier889)
* [SH3TOR] - The Silent Hunter III-Torpedo-Tool by Richie/24F (discontinued, author has vanished/gone AWOL)
* [S3T] - The Silent Hunter III-Transformer (by Alfred Keitzer)
* [S3TC] - The Silent Hunter III-Tycho-Patch + Chrono-Fix (automated version SOON included in S3F)
* [S3U] - The Silent Hunter III-Unpacker (by Timetraveller) extracts/inserts/views the TGA files in a .DAT
* [SH3UNi] - THE SILENT HUNTER III - Excellent Universal Mega-Mod-Installer (programmed by REV_BL!TZKR!EG)
* [SH3VAR] - Silent Hunter III Variety by REV_BL!TZKR!EG
* [S3W] - The Silent Hunter III-Weather Envsim-Fix (by Stiebler)
* [S3X] - The Silent Hunter III-Terrain EXtractor (by Ref)
* [S3XFO] - The Silent Hunter III-Xtended Flotilla Overview - Reworking SH3 - Flotillas / Flotilla.cfg
* [S3Y] - Silent Hunter III-YOUR SH3 YOUR way
* [S3Z] - X
* [SFSF] - The New Solution for "Steam" & "Starforce" Issues (soon included in S3F)
* [S5M] - The Silent Hunter V MultiSH5
* [S5Y] - The Silent Hunter V - Configurator for Your U-Boot - discontinued due to lack of support, appreciation and interest
to be added:
SH3TRK Submarine Tracking Room by LGN1 - I find that name totally misleading. Should be called SH3 Dynamic Response
SP2MP = Single Player To Multi Player Mission Converter - now published as part of S3MT.

SH3MOD:

* [S3D] - The Silent Hunter III-3Ditor [!] by Skwasjer
* [S3i] - The Silent Hunter III-Inspector (by Timetraveller)
* [S3FA] - The Silent Hunter III-File Analyzer by Stiebler
* [S3TP] - The Silent Hunter III-TweekPak (by Wolfie)
* [S3V] - The Silent Hunter-Validator [!]
Maybe somebody likes the AiOs I did, too: AiO - All in One

REV_BL!TZKR!EG:
Only shortly before Ken unfortunately passed away, we decided to restructure our then 3-year-old flotilla to attract more active and particularly constant players. |DEF| - The Doenitz Elite Flotilla has then become a major project of The BL!TZKR!EG Team ("TBT").  Although we miss Ken much, we have come up with very many new ideas and you are invited to follow the ongoing development: A new thread where you can really find "ALL you need to know" has been completed and will be furtherly updated: Doenitz Elite Flotilla - Standard Operating Procedures (="ALL You Need To Know")
Over the years I have written a number of tools specifically for |DEF|: LAST UPDATE TO THESE FILES: 20211117

* [01] DEFPT1 V1.0.0.2b = DEF-Promo-Trailer#1 - DOWNLOAD: [DEFPT1]_We_are_back!.7z.
* [02] DEFO = DEF-Online Viewer - is now included in the S3Q-Package
* [03] DAPP = DEF-Applicator is now part of S3Q-Package
* [04] DEFPAK = DEF-Pack
* [05] S3Q = [S3Q] - Silent Hunter III-Quite Sophisticated U-Boot-Communications
* [mod01] QPFR = Quick-PERSONNEL-FILE-Reporter
* [mod02] QMPR = Quick-MULTI-PLAYER-Reporter
* [mod03] QFKM = Quick-FunkMaat
* [mod04] QTMR = Quick-TeamspeakMeetingReport - // DISCONTINUED, NOT NEEDED OR USED AT ALL //
* [mod05] QRPC = Quick-Report-Post-Creator
* [mod06] DAPP = DEF-Applicator
* [mod07] DEFO = DEF-Onlineviewer
* [06] S3OADM = S3O-Administration - see much more detailed here.
* [07] DEFADM = DEF-specific-Administration-Modules
* [mod01] ARECSP = Automatic Results Compiler for SP (including CP)
* [mod02] ARECMP = Automatic Results Compiler for MP
* [mod03] APTC = Automatic Point Table Calculations
* [mod04] APTG = Automatic Point Table HTML Generator
* [mod05] ASIG = Automatic Signature Generator
* [mod06] AROS = Automatic Roster Generator
* [mod07] AREM = Automatic Reminder
* [mod08] APBP = Automatic Penalty&Bonus Points
* [08] DEFMEM V2.0.0.0a = DEF-Member-Editor - DOWNLOAD: N/A, -ONLY 4 STAFF-
* [09] S3OMIS V1.5.1.4a = S3OMissionToolkit  - now published for everyone as [S3MT].
* [10] DEFCON = DEF-Control
* [mod01] AINV = Automatic Invitations Duplicate, Ignore and Threshold Filter
* [mod02] GSNM = Automatic GSN-Merge
* [11] SP2MP = Single Player To Multi Player Mission Converter - now published as part of [S3MT].
* [12] DEFMUS = Music & Additional Gramophone Tracks
* [13] DEFORD = DEF-Orders Creator, click name to see version history, change-log and all details.
DEFMEM and DEFORD are going to be merged into one tool.

REV_BL!TZKR!EG:
S3B/SH3BAK is a backup-solution for SH3-installation-specific files. I have seen so many players screwing up their installation and thereby crashing or even losing their career or campaign-data that I thought this would be very helpful.

You simply select the installpath, S3B reads Filemanager.dll and offers you to make a backup of...

* the entire installation (installpath$)
* only the mods-folder (installpath$MODS/)
* the SP/CP-related files (career/campaign-data in %MyDocuments%)
* your settings in %MyDocuments%
THIS MODULE IS SOON TO BE INTEGRATED IN S3F (MENU_SETTINGS!)

REV_BL!TZKR!EG:
⭐️ S3C  = Silent Hunter III - Commander (by JScones)  - [DOWNLOAD]
👉🏻 You do not need to download SH3 Patrol Log Editor plug-in, because it is included in S3C since V3.2.
💾 GWX-Supplemental-Files for S3C: DOWNLOAD
💾 NYGM-Supplemental-Files for S3C: DOWNLOAD
✨ Latest version: V3.2

Widely known through all the past 15+ years, S3C, also known as SH3C (full name Silent Hunter III-Commander) has become one of the most useful addons ever released for SH3, with a great many underestimated options and heaps of them apparently totally unknown. You virtually do not leave port without this must-have for SH3: You run your game through S3C (S3F supports that, too), you get patrol reports after playing and can then edit KTBs by use of S3C, in [DEF] you even do your reporting with the results you get from S3C for the tonnage-tables and scores [offered for members]. It complements any mega-mod you choose and greatly expands your gameplay with a host of controls and details which add to whatever campaign you choose to play.

WHAT S3C IS NOT:
S3C is not a mod per se, so it needs not be activated using JSGME. On the contrary: It is an addon-program that INCLUDES most, if not all functions of JSGME - fine-tuned for SH3 and yes! S3C has 'his' own MODs!
"S3C-specific MODs": showNEWSMOD/RADIOMOD
RANDOM SHIP TONNAGE MOD
Sailor Steve's SH3 Cmdr Load Screens
WB and Cezbor's SH3 Cmdr extra promotions
WB's SH3 Cmdr mod for IABL's MFM Skin Pack v3
WB's SH3 Cmdr mod for Rubini's Air Torpedoes v2.0
WB's SH3 Cmdr accurate torpedo loadout
WB's SH3 Cmdr Combimod
WB's SH3 Cmdr VIIA
WB's SH3 Cmdr Kurfurst's Schnelltauchback mod
WB's SH3 Cmdr GWX Mid-Patrol Radio Orders
WB's SH3 Cmdr date mod for TDW's DC Water Disturbance v4.0
WB's SH3 Cmdr random mod for TDW's DC Water Disturbance v4.0
WB's SH3 Cmdr 99% realism mod
WB's SH3 Cmdr patch for h.sie's en_menu
WB's SH3 Cmdr XXI 1939
WB's SH3 Cmdr Randomised Intro Messages
WB's SH3 Cmdr Warning Orders (GWX ONLY!)
✅ WHAT S3C IS AND WHAT IT IS GOOD FOR:
With S3C it you can...
- fully modify the game to your liking
- activate/deactive mods by date and thereby add so much for immersion
- control many game-parameters with only a single click. It does for your career what the major supermods do for your game.
- manage you crew
- award medals-
- change numerous settings, add sabotage and/or malfunctions, and a heap of other things. It complements any supermod you choose with a host of controls and details which add to whatever campaign you choose. You can also configure things like how you want your "crew-fatigue-model".

In addition, you can change the parameters of just about any option which can be set in S3C, such as career length, sabotage and/or malfunctions effects, or even wave height. Use it to apply MFM skins at appropriate dates, to randomize the band music (and pinups!) and to update the “Sperrnetze” charts. And much more... S3C can even amend single bytes in ANY SH3-file! And replace any file you want. In other words: S3C is a full-blown-up and fine-tuned JSGME for SH3.

All of these changes are applied when SH3 is started from inside S3C.
All of them are removed and the original files are replaced when S3C is rolled back. ALWAYS HAVE ROLLBACK=ON !

Crew Fatigue.
Water Clarity.
Wave Height.
Deck Gun Reload Times.
Add random Malfunctions and Sabotage.
Randomize U-Boot Crush Depth.

Career Options:
Start Patrols At Sea.
Have a realistic Career Length (i.e. one that does not last the whole war).
Realistic Crew Transfers.
Historic U-Boot Availability Dates.
Choose Number Of Days Spent In Base.
Have real ship names, cargo and crew numbers applied to ships you sink.
Randomize Gramophone Tracks.
Full Control over Time Compression.
Write Your Own Patrol Logs.

Deploy mods under specified conditions:
- to only take effect after a specified date
- selected randomly from a set of alternatives
- to take effect randomly, but only after a specified date
- to only take effect if you have chosen a particular U-Boot type
- to only take effect if you have chosen a particular flotilla
Change only a portion of an SH3 text or binary file without replacing the entire file
Change a portion of an SH3 text or binary file only during a specified time period
Change a portion of an SH3 text or binary file selected randomly from a set of alternatives
Change a portion of an SH3 text or binary file randomly, but only during a specified date range

CON: is no longer continued. JScones turns down requests with...
           "It's 3 Windows-versions old, you better reinvent the wheel from scratch, I will not help you or share code,
           copyright-this, lawyer-that, oh and by the way I have already alerted other forums instead of talking to you"
           JScones, you can not be serious. You yourself (!) wrote once:
           "I should also point out that if anyone else wants to create an even fancier editor, feel free.
           I'll happily advise what needs to be done to make it a compatible SH3 Commander plug-in."
           source: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=808082&postcount=1

...and guys like you and your SNOT-friends say that *I* antagonize or alienate people??? That must be a GWX-joke!

However, there will be no further updates to it because the author of it does not support any improvements and instead threats everyone willing to extend the functions with his lawyers. So to anyone who tries to contact that individual, it will go in these steps:
- he will takes ages for a response
- then he will tell you that this program is oh so many Windows-versions and oh so many years old and he cannot be bothered
- next will be (in my case that came out of nowhere and totally uncalled) he will tell you that his lawyers are looking out already to persecute your possible and yet undone actions - That is the wellknown GWX-asshole-attitude in purest form as I had to find out 20180703.

"How to use S3C in DEF": showAs soon as you have received your assignment, deploy S3C to create your career by taking these steps:
→ create a new career with a new commander
- enter your Kommandant-name
- start from the second flotiilla in 1939 or whatever month/year your next patrol period is in
- choose a U-Boot
- then when you actually get in game and click on that career, make sure you choose that second flotilla and the year you chose in commander and you should start out of Wilhelmshaven with a that U-Boot.

SINGLE PLAYER mission initiation process.
-Open S3C in S3F
-Enter the appropriate new kommander and appropriate dates from orders received.
-Initiate the appropriate SH3 game from inside the S3C (pressing the button at the bottom)
-Follow instructions in orders.
-When appropriate, save game, exit to desktop and send appropriate message (contact/update/arrival on patrol area/status etc..)
-Update S3O

-once response received, proceed with mission (either back into running game or from saved game).
You can continue your patrol, simply make sure to keep notes for your next post(s). However, wait to post on the forum until you have received a response
to your current post. This gives the Flotilla staff time enough to receive the message, decode if Enigma is being used, and then have the Flottillenchef respond to your message.

You can make your own profile which will be added into the game. Everytime you complete a patrol it will automatically update your own Personel file, THIS IS THE FILE YOU WILL SEND USING S3Q_QPFR. It is very straightforward, simply click "NEW CAREER" left on the tab and then fill out your details, THIS IS WHERE YOU ENTER YOUR MED U-Boot NUMBER, AND CAPTAINS NAME. Also make sure starting date is 08/1941 else you'll need to catch up 2 years to the rest of us!

After that always start the game through S3C, that way when you finish a patrol or the game and wish to leave SH3, you will return to the main-screen of S3C and click on "CLICK FOR AVAILABLE ACTIONS" and then "UPDATE YOUR PERSONELL FILE" this will open a web browser window where you can check that all your    patrol data is correct.

First off, let’s talk about the main SH3 Commander screen. On the right is your SoldBuch (=Wehrpass), which identifies you as a member of the Kriegsmarine branch of the Wehrmacht. There are 10 items displayed here. The last item is a list of things you can do – like review you patrol summaries, set up your crew, annotate the standard patrol summary and add comments, etc.

Everything else (Soldbuch lines 1 through 9) cannot be touched while your U-Boot is at sea. In port, however, there are things you can do …

•   Change your U-Boot number
     •   Change your U-Boot type – does not cost you renown
     •   Set your primary patrol grid for your next patrol
     •   Change your status between “In other base …” and “In home base …”

This last one, STATUS, is very important to understand.

As you know, we will be running patrols in 3-month increments.  If you are at a base that is not your home port, you cannot set your torpedo load-out nor add equipment.  Furthermore, you have no control over when you leave that foreign base – you will leave the next day or as soon as your U-Boot is repaired; whichever is longer.  However, if you change the STATUS from “In other base …" to “In home base …” by mouse-clicking on it, you still cannot add equipment or setup your torpedoes, but you DO have control over when you leave that base.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version