Author Topic: [HOWTO] Use your own EMBLEM  (Read 613 times)

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• ...somewhere...below...
  • REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    62.5%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
[HOWTO] Use your own EMBLEM
« on: 20180722, 22:33:56 »
edit your career files (Careers.cfg and Careers_0.cfg) to force the emblem's display. Find the last "E01=NULL" statement in both files and change them to:

E01=data/emblems/subemblems/emblem file name.TGA

It will only appear when you start/restart a new patrol from base.

gatordad

Re: [HOWTO] Use your own EMBLEM
« Reply #1 on: 20180723, 00:38:27 »
You are ahead of me, boss.

I am in the process of preparing a How To Guide, but need to discuss regarding method of identifying the emblems. 

My method is to use paint.net which can view/open tga files.  There is a freeware tga viewer app - ImageGlass
Obviously, I go deep into SH3 and look, also I look at some available as addons.  The general way would be within SH3 in the office refitting section while in base before patrol and browse through the emblems.

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• ...somewhere...below...
  • REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    62.5%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
Immersion: Tower Emblem
« Reply #2 on: 20181018, 02:39:04 »
Let's bring up a little "Howto: Put the DEF-Emblem onto your Turm"

We already have the most of it:

At some point in your campaign career, once you've earned sufficient renown points, you will become eligible to place an emblem on your U-Boot's conning tower. This ability will eventually be displayed when you're on base, in the U-Boot Options menu, under "Specials".
SH3 offers you a limited number of historical U-Boot emblems to choose from. If you would like to expand your choice of historical emblems, you can download:

• Evil Jester 76's high resolution U-Boot Emblems mod (final version, 04NOV2005)
  • Evil Jester 76's high resolution Flotilla Emblems mod
  • Kaptain Zig's U-Boot Emblems pack
or similar and follow the instructions therein to add the pack's files to SH3 installation folder \SilentHunterIII\data\emblems\sub emblems.
The next thing you'll most probably be thinking of is whether you can place a customized emblem on your sub in-game. Sure! The emblem needs to be in TGA picture file format and the picture's pixel height and width must be equal (for example, 128x128, 1000x1000, etc.). If you don't have a program that lets you edit TGA files, you can download a freeware product called Irfanview, which lets you convert picture files from one format to another (for example, JPG or BMP picture files to TGA format - just what you need).
If you can't wait to earn the renown needed to become eligible to place an emblem on your U-Boot, here's how you can force the display of a U-Boot emblem. Edit files:
\My Documents\SH3\data\cfg\Careers\yourPlayerName\Careers.cfg
and
\My Documents\SH3\data\cfg\Careers\yourPlayerName\Careers_0.cfg.
In both files, find the last occurrence of the following statement:
E01=NULL
Change the E01 statements in both files to refect the folder path and TGA file name of the emblem file you want to use. For example:
E01=data/emblems/subemblems/myCustomEmblem.tga
Save the changes, start SH3 and restart your last career patrol from in-base. If you're in mid patrol and don't want to revert back to being in-base, no problem. The changes will simply take effect when you start your next patrol.
» HONOR, AMISTAD Y RESPETO! Es mejor morir de pie que vivir toda una vida de rodillas! «

⚡️ Home of S3A - S3F - S3G - DEFTS3 -