Author Topic: ARCHiVE: The Adventures of "LoneUsr449"  (Read 1485 times)

LoneUsr449

The final moments aboard U-74 as experienced by its crew.
« Reply #30 on: 20220924, 19:48:54 »

WE'VE BEEN HIT, WE'VE BEEN HIT!!
           No!! Captain? Captain!?!

God no....FLOODING! WE ARE FLOODING!

Captain!? Surface the boat, SURFACE THE BOAT!!

As bootsmann Adelbert Leder looked at his captain, he saw the man come apart in front of him.
         Leder witnessed the moment his captain knew he had made a critical mistake in staying on the surface too
         long, and it had cost them their lives.

Then Kentrat let out a visceral scream

« Last Edit: 20220925, 16:36:37 by DEF_Heinz von Spee »

LoneUsr449

Eitel Kentrat's Final Stand
« Reply #31 on: 20220924, 22:25:56 »

AUFTAUCHEN!!!   AUFTAUCHEN!!!

What Bootsmann Leder had mistaken for despair, turned out to be determination.
         At that very moment, Kentrat decided he would surface this U-boot, even if it meant he had to sacrifice every bolt and screw
         holding her together. And for just a moment, Bootsmann Leder and the others believed him.

Suddenly a loud snapping sound of metal twisting and distorting, and for the first time Kentrat realized this was the snapping
         sound of his haunted dreams aboard U-74. Water came rushing into the control room, what was centimeters just minutes
         earlier, had turned into waist deep water.

Kentrat knew at that very moment, 60 meters under the Denmark Strait, that no man, god or devil could save them.
         This would become their eternal home; the bottom of this cold, miserable ocean.

Men everywhere were crying, screaming and praying. With the exception of Bootsmann Leder; he sat with his back
         against the bulkhead, holding a small framed picture, and to Kentrat's amazement, even now, Leder had
         a big smile on his face.

He winked at Kentrat and yelled; "THAT SURE WAS GOOD POTATO VODKA, CAPTAIN!!".

LoneUsr449

The death of Eitel Kentrat aboard U-74
« Reply #32 on: 20220924, 23:56:50 »

The control room now resembled a twisted, dark amusement ride. Men were being washed away
              through the hatches, steel was buckling and diesel fumes filled the wet air.

The last thing Kentrat saw was the bulkhead of the control room; though made of steel, it suddenly started to move...not tear,
              but ripple, like sand. Slowly swaying...He couldn't stop looking at it...
              Then it peeled away, instantly flooding the vessel, as U-74 sank into the abyss.

(complete silence)

Ingrid!!     Ingrid??

my dearest...where are you? The water, it is receding!
              MEN!!! THE WATER IS RECEDING!!! Thank god we are saved!
              The rooms are draining of water, my dearest Ingrid!

Otto? I hear Otto's voice? That can't be! he is dead!
              "The periscopes are fine Weinrich!! OTTO....THE PERISCOPES ARE FINE"

I have to find him Ingrid, I have to tell Otto all will be fine.

LoneUsr449

The Resurrection of Eitel F. Kentrat; There is no death
« Reply #33 on: 20220925, 01:30:05 »
To my dearest Ingrid,

I found the top hatch!! The submarine...it seems to have expanded! I wonder where all the men are...
       I can't wait to show them, my love.
       The ocean...it is letting us leave!

As Kentrat opened the top hatch to the conning tower, the warm sun hit his face.

« Last Edit: 20220925, 02:46:34 by DEF_Heinz von Spee »

LoneUsr449

Footnote _things remembered_
« Reply #34 on: 20220925, 01:43:27 »

The images in the last couple of posts were all variations of famous Das Boot scenes that I fed back into Midjourney AI, I kept making variations (up to 20-30 varations to create the cartoon style
"Kentrat's Scream" scene, hence the different backgrounds in the scenes) to match RP.

Thank you to DEF for letting me post all this stream of consciousness garbage and especially thanks to Bl!tz  :drink: for creating a forum that solidifies SH3 as a game to be remembered and played for a long time to come, and for creating tools that made this SH3 journey possible for me  :Thumb up: I owe you. Thank you to Herr Kommandant Fiedler, for leading the way!

« Last Edit: 20220925, 03:41:03 by DEF_Heinz von Spee »

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• ...somewhere...below...
  • REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    62.5%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
OOC - will be removed.
« Reply #35 on: 20220926, 12:30:12 »
After the report is done (noooo, do not ask, look how others made it before you!), I recommend you participate in the MITTELMEER-KAMPAGNE because that is where we need the order sets rewritten and you can practice there easily. I will give you the required stuff AFTER this stuff is done, do not ask please, I must code something and I have not gotten anything done on the weekend. Frustrating for a coder when zero lines of code have been done in 3 days and today I got to work some shit late shifts because the 4x vaccinated are ill. :aufreg:

Upon report completion, we can then conserve this patrol in the public area and you can link to it as you wished.

Weird. Fiedler also said he pointed you to look how he did it, but did not hear back from ya and I just looked on the server: No report-file sent.

Your turn. Or do you say: The ball is in your court  :15_top:
(slang for tennis-players maybe, LOL)
» HONOR, AMISTAD Y RESPETO! Es mejor morir de pie que vivir toda una vida de rodillas! «

⚡️ Home of S3A - S3F - S3G - DEFTS3 -

Offline DEF_FIEDLER

• SoKo I
  • ...is a good one!
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    0%
  • old XVII !
    • Kommandant
No report from Spee
« Reply #36 on: 20221002, 11:26:47 »
I don't think this report will ever be made. He wrote me a very weird PM in which he explained that he's very lonely. I don't understand much of it and how he comes to all of those thoughts but what I can say is that he has changed totally. He's also changed his username and deleted his posts on Steam. Very odd. Like a switch has been used. I leave it at that and won't go into details.

I recommend to have him removed from his duties. Can you make his statistic calculations manually, Blitz?

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• ...somewhere...below...
  • REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    62.5%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
Really? So the big, big enthusiasm has flown away/fizzled out already? Hm. He has not logged in ever since.

Yes, I can do that manual labor. But what for have I programmed all those reporting-tools? Just looked into the logs, he has not even TRIED to create or submit a report. NOT EVEN TRIED IT !

:rotekarte: In fact he has not even RUN S3Q since Grey requested the report to be done.

Hey Marc: There is nothing wrong with being a highly sensitive person. You just experience emotions much more strongly than the average person. This is a blessing, not a curse. But I urge you to not let this stop you from having satisfying gaming experiences. Awaiting you on DEFTS3, you wanted it, now it is online...
Bl!tz is so logical in his thinking...
Maybe you should take that from me :) because what you have done here leaves us all puzzled.

EDiT: Did the report for him. Saw him online but still not bothering, so I conclude FIEDLER is right. FIEDLER told me he respects his privacy and is not going to share more details from the PM

No-Gos:
- not following instructions
- attacking and sinking neutral shipping
- screwed up his own timeline by leaving port at another date than the orders said
- not reporting position to S3O in two weeks time
- instead cluttering the forum with loads of questions and extra/make-work for us
- could not get the easiest things done (like start your patrol with Commander), but let me go extra steps (even the report)
- did all the Steam-lists for him, he has probably not done anything there either
- does still not come to DEFTS3, despite it was HIS idea to revive it

All in all, I liked his enthusiasm (as briefly as it lasted) and would have talked to him. FIEDLER was in much closer contact. And I really loved how he made this a story-telling experience, everything else could have been solved - had he only wanted to...
« Last Edit: 20221004, 12:30:29 by REV_BL!TZKR!EG »
» HONOR, AMISTAD Y RESPETO! Es mejor morir de pie que vivir toda una vida de rodillas! «

⚡️ Home of S3A - S3F - S3G - DEFTS3 -