Linked Events

• 5 YEARS DEF-FORUM: 20210824

Author Topic: Doenitz Elite Flotilla - [GENERAL]-Talk That Does Not Fit Elsewhere  (Read 241485 times)

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• ...somewhere...below...
  • REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    62.5%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
My opinion is that pages of this kind are valuable.
They preserve the history of our grandfathers and should be archived at web.archive.org.

I have just looked this up, that page has already been archived "34 times between October 15, 2010 and June 23, 2017."

» HONOR, AMISTAD Y RESPETO! Es mejor morir de pie que vivir toda una vida de rodillas! «

⚡️ Home of S3A - S3F - S3G - DEFTS3 -

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    62.5%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
Re: DEF-Theme for TS3 and DEFF
« Reply #31 on: 20170728, 18:45:59 »
Just as we spoke yesterday I have the idea to merge your idea with mine, in fact we could even share the same GFX to make it look "corporate".

I had already begun last year to collect icons and alike for DEFF, our DEF-Forum. If we can also use them for our TS3, that would save time.

Let me quickly merge what I had collected so far...

I would like to add our old icons to this forum.

How do I do that?
First off, you may need to change your PNG icon to a GIF -- you can do this with Paint.Net

Go to website admin
Under "FORUM", select "Smileys and Message Icons"
Select "Add Smiley"
    -- Select "Upload New Smiley" radio button
    -- Select the "Browse" button and select icon from your computer
    -- Check "Same image for all sets" -- this will add it to all smiley sets you currently have on file with website
    -- Give it a code, like "()"
    -- Give it a description, like "scope"
    -- Leave Location as "Post form"
    -- Press "Save Changes" button

OKAY.
Your instructions missed to tell me that I need to switch on "Enable customized smileys
 (otherwise, the default smileys will be used.)" - which is why I could not see that option "add smiley"

File conversion - and that is the joke - does not seem to be necessary for the message icons
I have added a number of new icons by just renaming (!) the .png files to .gif
and as you can see it works.

Now I will go for the smileys...
» HONOR, AMISTAD Y RESPETO! Es mejor morir de pie que vivir toda una vida de rodillas! «

Alfred Keitzer

Re: Help fix GD's CTD-issue with S3C+GWX
« Reply #32 on: 20170831, 20:21:18 »
Does the problem go away if you start the game without SH3 Commander?

If so, under "SH3 Commander > Options > General Settings", is the "SH3 Path:" field set correctly?

gatordad

« Reply #33 on: 20170831, 22:21:53 »
It did initially, but not any more.  Paths are all correct.  I also make sure that I run MultiSH3 and set the appropriate three letter path.

My vanilla SH3 runs ok and I can create and run a career without issue.  That leads me to believe SH3 Commander has corrupted something somewhere with each install.  I guess the best course of action would be to remove the different modded SH3 installs and start over with S3F, using a single SH3 Commander. 

Can you think of any other recourse?

Thanks.

Edited to add:  I can also run WAC 4.1 without SH3 Commander.  Never got it to work with SH3 Cdr.  So, only those that have SH3 Cdr associated are having the issue/corruption.
« Last Edit: 20170831, 23:01:24 by gatordad »

Offline REV_TheShark

• REViSi0N
  • ...is a good one!
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    0%
  • DEF's QUARTERMASTER
    • #supportDEF
« Reply #34 on: 20170831, 23:18:06 »
Do not forget to always have rollback activated!

Alfred Keitzer

« Reply #35 on: 20170901, 07:27:44 »
Herr Keitzer,

I think I will try going with a solo install of SH Commander and renaming the root install folder.  Do you still use the individual 3 letter folders for the different installs?

Not sure what you mean by "3 letter folders"?!

When I do a new install, I always start in a folder named "SilentHunterIII".  For example, when I installed GWX, I started with a clean "SH3 version 1.4b" in "../Ubisoft/SilentHunerIII".  I then install GWX over this clean SH3.  When done, I checked that it starts up properly. Then I renamed the folder "SilentHunterIII - GWX Clean".  I ALWAYS do installs in the "SilentHunterIII" directory and then rename them to save them off.  When I want to use one of these versions, I rename it's folder to "SilentHunterIII" and run it. When done using it, I rename the folder back to whatever name I gave it; select another version and name that folder "SilentHunterIII". So as far as the SH3 Commander and JSGME shortcuts on my desktop are concerned, they always point to the "SilentHunterIII" folder.

Guess I should mention that I also have a "Original 1.4b SH3 Cracked" directory, which is a clean SH3.  I never touch this directory -- it's kind of my MASTER copy of SH3. Instead, when I need a clean SH3 to upgrade with some SuperMod, I make a copy of this directory and name it "SilentHunterIII" - then do my installs on that. Bottom line is whenever I am doing installs or running some version of SH3, it is always from the "SilentHunterIII" directory. That way, the Windows directory never gets hosed.
« Last Edit: 20170901, 07:33:39 by Alfred Keitzer »

gatordad

« Reply #36 on: 20170901, 13:47:59 »
3 Letter folders are the personnel folders in the users \my documents\  such as SH3 for default, and whatever user determines to name the others, such as GWX, NYG, GWM, etc. where you would use Multi SH3 to set the proper folder for the relevant supermod (eg id in Multi SH3 set your folder = GWX when you run your SH3 GWX with mods.  Sorry I wasn't more specific.

From looking over your procedures, I would think you have only the \my documents\SH3  folder in use, but I could be wrong.

Also, do you install the specific Mod related SH3 Commander files for GWX and NYGM by using JSGME within the \SH3 Commander folder, when using a single SH3 Commander to prevent those files from conflicting/overwriting one another?
« Last Edit: 20170901, 18:29:06 by gatordad »

Alfred Keitzer

« Reply #37 on: 20170901, 22:51:59 »
Yes, I have only one folder called SH3 for both Original SH3 and GWX. That said, BLITZ says that "GWX" has it own folder -- says it's a mod he made to the GWX 3.0 Gold software, but I have an original copy of GWX 3.0 Gold and it uses the "SH3" directory -- so I don't think BLITZKRIEG's mod is part of the official GWX release.

That said, I think one SuperMod version does create it's own directory called "V15" -- don't remember if it's NYGM or LSH3.

Yes, I have applied the GWX mods to SH3 Commander.

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    62.5%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
« Reply #38 on: 20170902, 06:01:53 »
  • Let S3F run to have a scan of your SH3-files. It will tell if you have forgotten to apply the 4GB-Tuning.
  • Other than that I suspect your basis-installation (SH3 V1.4b) is incorrect or somehow broken. Have you followed the installation instruction provided in S3G?

gatordad

« Reply #39 on: 20170904, 20:07:56 »
Update - I managed to get a new vanilla SH3 from DVD, SF removed, NO CD and 4gb mods installed.  Installed GWX 3.0 Gold, several mods minus the MFM improved and St.Naz et al mods.  Was able to restart my career with SH Commander.  Started the patrol, saved 4 times so far enroute to PZ.  Worked well thus far.  Going to see how things go loading saved game. 

Fingers crossed.

gatordad

« Reply #40 on: 20170904, 20:35:35 »
Success again.  I was able to start from the latest saved game.  Hopefully this issue has been resolved.

Appreciate all the advice/input from those who posted above.

Prost!

Offline REV_TheShark

• REViSi0N
  • ...is a good one!
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    0%
  • DEF's QUARTERMASTER
    • #supportDEF
« Reply #41 on: 20170905, 05:24:59 »
What was the problem? MFM once again?

gatordad

Re: TO GATORDAD
« Reply #42 on: 20170919, 13:19:14 »
Hello, Shark.  I like you sig!

That's odd, I don't have much in my inbox at all.  You referring to inbox at susi or here? 

As far as the post, I was posting per request of BL!TZKRIEG, so it was brief with updated link he provided.

Cheers.

Edited to add:  I found that I needed to remove some messages after chatting with BL!TZKRIEG as I exceeded the 20 stored message limit.  Resolved now.
« Last Edit: 20170920, 00:52:28 by gatordad »

Offline Karl Doenitz

• BdU/Flottillenchef
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    0%
  • Befehlshaber der Unterseeboote
Meine Herren,

DEF - The Doenitz Elite Flotilla is subject to inspection by the Fuehrer, due this weekend.

I wish all our Kommandanten be in best shape, crews freshly showered and the U-Boote polished!

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    62.5%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
Effectively nobody.
I cannot do it.
Borgneface seems lost - once again
and the others do not want to do it as it appears to me.

The result is that for instance "complutum" who has always told us "later, later maybe, blah" has now joined LWF,
see: https://abload.de/img/complutumzdsv3.png

I have casted a roll call 1-2 days ago and asked who can do it but received not one reply back...
And? Still nothing?

...weeks later...

Oh, but yes! We've got something in the pipe-line and also some new members already.

It only took a while - and yet again a lot of my patience:

We just had to overcome another "dead-weight"-period (almost exactly as every year when summer ended),
where I heard back only dumb excuses (that is IF AT ALL as it is plain to see who tried to avoid a talk)
and people tried hiding behind "wife", "phone-calls", being "unavailable" or busy with "personal issues"
left me wait and hanging and then suddenly I usually saw them elsewhere engaged.

That always feels a bit like "Why don't you say that into my face, we just spoke online yesterday", but nevermind.
Them just got no manners. As has not a certain UK-ex-member, I asked him to send me a copy of what he sent to Susi-owner, which he didn't.
Also - what I did not know yet - he has received an answer, but also "avoided" to pass that on to me, as I now know, but he had the
guts to pass that answer around to other members. Well then I ask myself why that guy always emphasizes how much he "loves me to pieces"
and when it becomes crucial, he backstabbs me in the described way?

So officially I do not know nothing and received nothing, because a handful guys act as if they want to destruct the flotilla with the assistance of Susi-moderators.

But we shall prevail - as we have done every year ;)

Cause where would they go when only DEF has to offer...:

UNiQUE FEATURES! ► Compare yourself... ◄
and we even encourage everyone to
Compare yourself!

So let's just see - as every year. We have gotten rid of a lot of dead weight "that can't be bothered" where I had to almost beg for assistance/responses and I will now only surround myself with people who are regularly online do talk WITH the flotilla and not behind the back.
« Last Edit: 20171026, 09:17:21 by BL!TZKR!EG »