Linked Events

• 5 YEARS DEF-FORUM: 20210824

Author Topic: Doenitz Elite Flotilla - [GENERAL]-Talk That Does Not Fit Elsewhere  (Read 241912 times)

gatordad

Speedy and full recovery, mi amigo!

bstanko6

Get better friend!

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• ...somewhere...below...
  • REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    50%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
Thanks boys.

Urgh, I feel very sick. Just returned home. Broke off journey due to sudden and high fever.
Went to bed after work on TUE and woke up on WED totally "crapped" - that fever came from nowhere.
Stayed in bed in hotel for couple days (was payed for my work trip anyway) till I got home today.

Ate a salad but feel very weak. Took a laptop to bed, reading mails, and sleeping again.

Cya!
» HONOR, AMISTAD Y RESPETO! Es mejor morir de pie que vivir toda una vida de rodillas! «

⚡️ Home of S3A - S3F - S3G - DEFTS3 -

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    50%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
Everyone who has read and understood the following, reply by posting "ACK" or "UNDERSTOOD".
Do not act lame, do it NOW, that is N-O-W and not "maybe tomorrow", "when get around to it next week" or "probably next year".

The situation:
It appears a number of members think they can abuse me as their unpaid service-provider,
bugging me with every question they might have, resulting in my inbox being full with stuff
that these always same persons could easily solve on their own.

And there are a number of others who you can ask, too! Will you look at our roster, dammit!?!
Also these always same persons are those who hardly ever attend our meetings and never
show any activity on our forum - why do they never create a thread, I would ask?

Conclusion:
I can not serve that. I have no time to do mail-support.
This waste of completely useless and unnecessary mails severely hinders development progress.
I want and need to concentrate on programming and shall not waste my time on fixing PCs of
people who never bother to answer in a timely manner when I ask them something
and just vanish upon next best occasion anyway.

Decision:
My inbox is closed now. Ask someone else. Create a thread. And move your lazy ass to TeamSpeak!
Stop repeating the same flimsy excuses and schedule something yourself when you can come.
You can't or don't want to do that? Then go and ask your lamer-friends on Susi!

I can still be reached by a number of buddies that REALLY contribute something besides lipservices
and of course on TeamSpeak.

Everyone who has read and understood the above, reply by posting "ACK" or "UNDERSTOOD".
Do not act lame, do it NOW, that is N-O-W and not "maybe tomorrow", "when get around to it next week" or "probably next year".
» HONOR, AMISTAD Y RESPETO! Es mejor morir de pie que vivir toda una vida de rodillas! «

gatordad

I guess I can explain a couple of those better, as far as where to find (3. & 5. in particular):

1. About Enigma:  http://www.donitzeliteflotilla.com/forum/index.php?topic=74.0

2. MFM-Improved is the merchant fleet mod you can find here:  https://www.mediafire.com/folder/fh8p27p6gfhpq/SH3

3. Thermal layers was a mod by Hemisent, not sure if it is still available.  However, it is now incorporated in S3C (SH3Commander).

4. Wolfies UMark Mod - see 2. above.

5. PAU Phase II GWX is a mod as part of patrol orders for Operation Paukenschlag.  You get this when you participate in our Operation Paukenschlag Campaign.

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    50%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
Hey Fahnenbohn!

How are your projects coming forward? I am particularly interested in this one, in fact I am playing Hartenstein in OPERATION PAUKENSCHLAG.

You wrote:
Hi,

I plan to write a historical mission which re-creates the attack on Aruba, by U-156 (type IX C) under the command of Commander Werner Hartenstein, on February 16, 1942. The attack consisted in sinking tankers and destroying oil installations. In reality, the crew of the 105 mm gun forgot to remove the water cap from the barrel, and the gun exploded when they fired the first shell, badly wounding both gunners and bringing an end to the attack on oil storage tanks.

I can create oil tanks as destroyable land units. Just don't forget to remove the water cap this time !

Links:
www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=233044
https://youtu.be/8BKwUuOnDAI
https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/aruba-refinery-successfully-attacked-in-1942.411147/
https://willemsubmerged.wordpress.com/tag/aruba/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Aruba

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    50%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!

The last log-entry there is from 10/2016. Now we write April 1st in 2018 (18!!) and we know that V2016 was yet once again cancelled, V2017 never came out (only a video) and where is V2018?

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    50%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!

Gut, gut - spoke the Kaleun. And as you can see DEF has taken up speed - majorly since 10/2017, since we emphasize on quality-members who get stuff straight and do things correctly.

Thanks to all members who contribute in such way. Many thanks.

Fahnenbohn

Hey Fahnenbohn!

How are your projects coming forward? I am particularly interested in this one, in fact I am playing Hartenstein in OPERATION PAUKENSCHLAG.

You wrote:
Hi,

I plan to write a historical mission which re-creates the attack on Aruba, by U-156 (type IX C) under the command of Commander Werner Hartenstein, on February 16, 1942. The attack consisted in sinking tankers and destroying oil installations. In reality, the crew of the 105 mm gun forgot to remove the water cap from the barrel, and the gun exploded when they fired the first shell, badly wounding both gunners and bringing an end to the attack on oil storage tanks.

I can create oil tanks as destroyable land units. Just don't forget to remove the water cap this time !

Hello,
No progress has been done on this. I'm a bit demotivated by lack of help. I don't like how the refinery is looking, I would like it to be realistic and looking like the original one. Unfortunately, I didn't find any plan of this oil installation... :(

Offline REV_TheShark

• REViSi0N
  • ...is a good one!
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    0%
  • DEF's QUARTERMASTER
    • #supportDEF
Makman's opinion about LSH is also very clear and distinct:

...most of them in lsh team are totally amatuers and untalended. Their work is just a copy-paste workaround and they have give nothing new all these years in sh3 features.Especially , in sensors area , their work (both of lsh team and ccom) are just for...laughs.

so I would not await that. They will not add anything new and the GUI will still be the same anyway.

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    50%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
...to a true gentleman's breakfast

a two, three pilseners to it!

bstanko6

Is that egg? And what is the bottom part? Looks good!

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    50%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
Black bread,
buttered,
mashed eggs
and smoked eel with pepper on top of it

YUMMY

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    50%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
More seaman's food?

乃L!TZKR!EG

Offline REV_Grey Eminence

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    0%
  • |REViSi0N| - what else?
# the historic German U-Boote...
then pay a visit to the largest archive of its kind... DEUTSCHES U-BOOT-MUSEUM,
created 1947 by LzS Horst Bredow, a survivor of U-288, and maintained by him until his death (2015).
« Last Edit: 20180409, 22:29:01 by Grey Eminence »