Linked Events

• 5 YEARS DEF-FORUM: 20210824

Author Topic: Doenitz Elite Flotilla - [GENERAL]-Talk That Does Not Fit Elsewhere  (Read 241419 times)

Offline Karl Doenitz

• BdU/Flottillenchef
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    0%
  • Befehlshaber der Unterseeboote

La Rochelle, 80 years later...

People are still dancing and singing and praising our U-Boote...

Oh wait! They are singing about some "king" - WTF? Does our Fuehrer know about all this?

33lima

The Nazis would never have dared treat the German people the way our so-called democratic governments are treating us today - they know they would have been hung from the nearest lamp-posts, which is what our leaders deserve.

Like one reply to the video onyoutube said, 'Un état criminel au service d'une oligarchie de psychopathes, pour instaurer leur nouvel ordre mondiale, qui se croient tout puissant et veulent maintenir l'humanité dans l'esclavage modern'

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• ...somewhere...below...
  • REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    62.5%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
I was able to reduce the payment load on our DEFTS3 and got us 2 extra months.

But this good news does not change the fact that we are low on funds and still can NOT pay it all:

https://paypal.me/DELITEF/25
» HONOR, AMISTAD Y RESPETO! Es mejor morir de pie que vivir toda una vida de rodillas! «

⚡️ Home of S3A - S3F - S3G - DEFTS3 -

Offline Karl Doenitz

• BdU/Flottillenchef
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    0%

THE DOENITZ ELITE FLOTILLA RESUMES NORMAL OPERATIONS NOW AND DEFF (THE FORUM) IS BACK ONLINE!

WE THANK EVERYBODY WHO GAVE SOMETHING. THE SERVER-COSTS ARE NOW COVERED, THE PUBLIC MONEY-POOL IS GOING TO BE
CLOSED TODAY.

ALL LAST-ONLINE-DATES (DONATOR OR NOT) HAVE BEEN UPDATED TO THE DATE OF TODAY, SO NO MEMBER GETS KICKED BY
BL!TZKR!EG'S ADMINISTRATION-SOFTWARE ("DEFADM").

IT HAS TAKEN THE COMMUNITY A TOTAL OF 222 DAYS PLUS A DOWNTIME OF 14 DAYS TO NOTICE THE NEED AND GATHER THE FUNDS.
WHAT WE LEARN FROM THIS IS THAT WE MUST START THE NEXT PUBLIC MONEY-POOL ALREADY RIGHT NOW FOR THE NEXT PAYMENT
TO AVOID THE ULTIMA RATIO OF TAKING THE FORUM DOWN IN ORDER TO STRESS THE IMMEDIATE REQUIREMENT.

GUTE JAGD ALLE!

Gunnodayak

It's good to see that!

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• ...somewhere...below...
  • REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    62.5%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
In 'OPERATION KERNEVEL I' we evacuated all our data from the censorship on SuSi, we created DEFF, the DEF-forum. It went from
- 20160616 - OPERATION KERNEVEL HAS BEGUN! Movin away from our old forum. It has become unsustainable!

over
- 20160824 - Added new SQL.

to
- 20161007 - evacuated Doenitz Elite Flotilla - Standard Operating Procedures (="ALL You Need To Know") from the grips of the SuSi-saboteurs

and finally
- 20161018 - Operation Kernevel I has been completed.

And we are still there  :groupwave:
» HONOR, AMISTAD Y RESPETO! Es mejor morir de pie que vivir toda una vida de rodillas! «

⚡️ Home of S3A - S3F - S3G - DEFTS3 -

Offline REV_Grey Eminence

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    0%
  • |REViSi0N| - what else?
The year 2021... September 01... we have reached 10.000.000 views!!
« Last Edit: 20211018, 05:54:07 by REV_Grey Eminence »

Offline Karl Doenitz

• BdU/Flottillenchef
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    0%

20210923 - THE DOENITZ ELITE FLOTILLA ANNOUCES THE IMMEDIATE BEGIN OF 'OPERATION BACKFIRE'. :Kaleun_Salute-1:

Offline REV_Grey Eminence

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    0%
  • |REViSi0N| - what else?
Operation Backfire completed.

LoneUsr449

-HELP- Is this a VIIB or VIIC?
« Reply #354 on: 20220911, 00:14:03 »

I have been getting really into researching my campaign U-Boot; U-74. Sadly there are no known pictures available online, but I found this incredible auction;
someone in 2016 was selling a set of original photographs of  E.F. Kentrat being awarded the Knight's Cross on the deck of a submarine.

The set of pictures also included this picture, and I wondered who this man was. Of course I noticed the Knight's Cross around his neck, and on Dec. 31, 1941, TWO
people received the Knight's Cross; E.F. Kentrat and Robert Karl Friedrich Gysae, commander of U-98.

Kentrat commanded U-74 at the time and Gysae commanded U-98

U-74 was a VIIb, U-98 was a VIIc. If these pictures depict a VIIb model submarine. These might be the only known pictures of U-74 during WW2.
What is even more interesting; there is a picture of the crew. If this is a VIIb sub, this might be the only known picture of the crew of U-74 under Kentrat's command.

Can someone identify the submarine model based on these pictures?

The crew:

Offline DEF_Convoy_PQ17

• SoKo I
  • ...making progress!
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    0%
  • yet another brave |DEF|-member
    • Kommandant
Re: -HELP- Is this a VIIB or VIIC?
« Reply #355 on: 20220913, 08:00:41 »
Should be U-74. Why should a Kommandant stand on any other bridge than his own?

LoneUsr449

Re: -HELP- Is this a VIIB or VIIC?
« Reply #356 on: 20220913, 12:54:23 »
Both Kentrat  and Gysae received their Knight's Cross that day on the same submarine. Question is; were they on Kentrat's or on Gysae's sub? I would guess, the dog and pony show took place
on the higher ranking officer's sub. I will have to see what Kentrat and Gysae's rank was at the time.

Thanks for responding! It is quite the mystery. I guess U-74 is a dive site, so you can still visit her.

:20_ani_marine:

von Spee