Author Topic: [HOWTO] make a port your HOME port  (Read 669 times)

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• ...somewhere...below...
  • REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    50%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
[HOWTO] make a port your HOME port
« on: 20171015, 17:56:41 »
instruction to change a port to your "home" port. Please read entirely before you begin.

Making Kiel your "home port" so you can upgrade your boat while there.

Please read these directions completely before you start. Please print them to have ready while you make the tweak.

Make sure you are in port - Kiel.

Start by making a copy of the following files... to use to undo the changes in case anything catastrophic occurs from the changes.

In your "my documents" folder, find the SH3 game save directory, and follow it down to C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\SH3\data\cfg\Careers\YOUR CAPTAIN NAME

When you open the folder with your captain name, look for the Careers.cfg and the Careers_0.cfg files. Copy them and paste with new name such as Careers_0.cfg.orig and Careers.cfg.orig

The computer will tell you that if you change the file extension you may not be able to use the files.. thats ok. change it. If you need to restore them, just remove the .orig from the name and it will be like it never happened. Otherwise, leaving the .orig extension safely stores the file.

So, you have made a copy. Now lets start with the Careers.cfg file. Open this file using notepad.

Scroll down the the very bottom of the file. Now slowly scroll upward till you see your captain's name.

You will see something like this under your Captain name:

PlayerName=KLAUS SCHOLTZ
PlayerRank=13
StartMonth=9
StartDay=1
StartYear=1940
CrtMonth=8
CrtDay=10
CrtYear=1942
CrtFlotilla=904
CrtBase=754
CrtPort=-1
PortName=Kiel

The one above is from my game .. I am currently in Kiel,

In Kiel, make the following changes:

CrtBase=750
CrtPort=1 (remove the - sign from in front of the 1)
PortName=Kiel

After making these changes, save the Careers.cfg file.

Now open the Careers_0.cfg file

Again, scroll down the the very bottom of the file. Now slowly scroll upward till you see your captain's name.

You will see something like this under your Captain name:

PlayerName=KLAUS SCHOLTZ
PlayerRank=13
StartMonth=0
StartDay=0
StartYear=0
CrtMonth=0
CrtDay=0
CrtYear=0
CrtFlotilla=-1
CrtBase=754
CrtPort=-1
PortName=St. Nazaire

Again, this is from my game, but you will see something similar.

Make the following changes:

CrtBase=750
CrtPort=1 (again, remove the - sign from in front of the 1)
PortName=Kiel

After making these changes, save the Careers_0.cfg file.

That should do it.

Now start your game using commander mod.

You should be able to select IN HOME PORT AT START OF MISSION from commander mod. Also set your number of days in port, etc from Commander mod as usual.

When you get to your game, and you have to select your game save, make sure you select; IN PORT AT END OF MISSION. Very important that you do not select IN PORT AT START OF MISSION in your game save.

Now when you game starts, you can enter the SUB and select all the goodies and upgrades.

When your game starts, it will tell you that the port is being changed to .. whatever (based on the flotilla that you belong to) Ignore it. All is well.

Enjoy

PS. In the unlikely event that something goes wrong in your game when you launch, you can stop the game, and exit. then go to the to C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\SH3\data\cfg\Careers\YOUR CAPTAIN NAME

When you open the folder with your captain name, look for the Careers.cfg and the Careers_0.cfg files. DELETE THEM Then go to the Careers_0.cfg.orig and Careers.cfg.orig and remove the .orig from each of these 2 files. Now go back to commander mod and everything will be as if the "home port tweak" never happened.

PPS: Disclaimer. I have tested the above tweak and it works for me. You make the changes to your system files at your own risk. You take complete responsibility for any bad effects that may result, including B-24 bombers dropping down out of the clouds and obliterating your boat.

Pat

Tweak can be used for any port following the directions above, but using the following base numbers for the port you are in:
750;Kiel
751;Brest
752;Wilhelmshaven
753;Lorient
754;St. Nazaire
755;Bergen
756;Bordeaux
757;La Spezia
758;Toulon
759;flensburg
760;Constanza
761;Penang
762;Jakarta
763;Salamis
764;Trondheim
765;Königsberg
« Last Edit: 20180329, 10:28:49 by BL!TZKR!EG »
» HONOR, AMISTAD Y RESPETO! Es mejor morir de pie que vivir toda una vida de rodillas! «

⚡️ Home of S3A - S3F - S3G - DEFTS3 -