-stop-

I love you Ingrid

-stop-

Eitel Kentrat, LZS
U-74, Commanding
ARCHiVE (PUBLiC) / GLORY TO GERMANY!
« Last post by LoneUsr449 on 20220924, 18:46:02 »
        My beautiful Ingrid,

Tonight we struck fear into the very heart of the enemy! As we silently entered Reykjavík
                    Harbor, we spotted, and sank a massive US tanker, destined for the shores of England.
                    The instant the 2nd torpedo struck, military vessels started to search for us, but to no avail
                    my love, der wolf was already gone!

The men needed this victory. I needed this blasted victory.
                    Sohler already sent me a dreadful message about attacking a neutral party.
                    He knows damn well that Doenitz, nor our glorious Führer would want all that fuel
                    to reach England.

I did what I did, and I stand by it.

Yours forever,

Eitel

p.s. You know how Doenitz can get, my love...best you get some Gelbwurst from
                    Das braune Schwein, and have it delivered to his office.                     

Guys, this was touching. Impressive. And uncompared.
24 years of Tennis with FEDex and endless victories and records have come to an end.

As the word says:
"There is a time for everything [...]
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance..."
(ECC 3:1ff)

I have collected some few impressions from various websites. Enjoy:

ARCHiVE (PUBLiC) / You can NOT be serious!
« Last post by Herbert Sohler on 20220924, 08:28:46 »
OKM TOPPER

19400717, 08:27
VON: FdU
AN: U-74

KOMMANDANT KENTRAT!

YOU MUST BE KIDDING! ARE YOU SERIOUSLY INDICATING YOU JUST ATTACKED AND SANK NEUTRAL SHIPPING? DOENITZ WILL NOT BE AMUSED TO LEARN OF THIS!

INVESTIGATION PENDING.

KK SOHLER
7. U-Flottille
ARCHiVE (PUBLiC) / America enters the war!
« Last post by LoneUsr449 on 20220924, 04:48:37 »
To: BdU

Sank large tanker, using 4 torpedoes.
Tanker appears to have been of US origins.
Due to its large refueling potential of enemy crafts, decision was made to destroy the vessel.
We took fire from cruiser, but were able to escape.
Continuing on to final destination (600km).

E.F. Kentrat
U-74, Commanding

America enters the war!

ARCHiVE (PUBLiC) / Reykjavík, Iceland
« Last post by LoneUsr449 on 20220924, 01:18:40 »

As we approached the Iceland coast and Reykjavík harbor, the night sky was  completely illuminated by the Northern Lights.

ARCHiVE (PUBLiC) / Reykjavík; Iceland's Honey Hole
« Last post by LoneUsr449 on 20220923, 23:27:16 »
As I am finally within 400-500km of AE1742, I figured I might as well check out Reykjavík harbor.... :juas: I had no idea that there would be so many fish.

There are two main targets; 1) My first ever tanker, the thing looks huge even at 2+ km distance. It's docked and no movement (pic below)
2) my first ever "Large Merchant"

What is difficult about Reykjavík harbor is once you commit to go in there, you can get trapped pretty easy from the north. Which might be happening to some extent.
There are now 2 warships coming towards me, but I think they are just patrolling. I haven't been spotted. Total depth is 16 meters, so pretty shallow also.

Interestingly enough there is a US torpedo boat patrolling the harbor. This is accurate in that after England's invasion of Iceland, the defense of the island was taken on by the
still neutral, US.

I have not dealt with torpedo boats yet. The thing is zipping around the harbor fast. I don't know of any real life evidence of torpedo boats attacking U-boots, I suppose its possible.
I am going to position such that I will be within 1 klick of the large merchant, and the tanker. Hopefully sink them both for a huge tonnage, while still getting the hell out of Dodge.

Absolutely thrilling. I am currently using silent running mode. Just creeping closer, hoping to fire 2 torpedoes on each target before leaving.

von Spee
PUB - PUBLIC & GENERAL / Re: = DEFF IS BACK ONLINE! = THE ANSWER IS ... 42 !
« Last post by LoneUsr449 on 20220922, 21:02:55 »
On a second thought: Those guys at Teamspeak and their resellers must really be nuts! They have just raised +20% on their prices!!

Ja, ja! Flotilla-life isn't cheap...

To: Kommandant TheShark

We have received your request for additional DEF Flotilla Funds and the request has been approved.
An additional contribution of 25 Reichsmarks has been sent minutes ago.

For the Glory of Germany!

H.H.

Signed,

Walther Funk

On a second thought: Those guys at Teamspeak and their resellers must really be nuts! They have just raised +20% on their prices!!

Ja, ja! Flotilla-life isn't cheap...
DEF's QUARTERMASTER (TheShark) has just reported in that with the newest contributions to DEFPAL we can now easily put DEFTS3 back online.

Re-opening date: 20221001 during Europe daytime.

Put meeting dates into the calender.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10