Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

DEF - THE DOENITZ ELITE FLOTILLA RESUMES NORMAL OPERATIONS NOW AND DEFF - THE FORUM - IS BACK ONLINE!

WE THANK EVERYBODY WHO GAVE SOMETHING. MOST THANKS TO THE #1 DONATOR, A.M. - SPECIAL THANKS TO YOU!

THE SERVER-COSTS ARE NOW COVERED, BUT WE HAD TO MAKE SOME UNPALATABLE COMPROMISES:
- WE COULD NOT SCRAPE UP THE MONEY FOR THE TWO-YEAR-FEE, SO SERVER-COSTS ARE ONLY COVERED FOR 1 YEAR.

ON THE OTHER HAND WE SPARED SOME MONEY TO REOPEN DEF'S TEAMSPEAK. IS THERE ANY DEMAND?

WE FROM DEF & REVISION ARE ALL GETTING BURNT OUT ON HAVING TO BEG FOR SUPPORT, BUT WE WANT TO FINISH OUR
LAST MAJOR RELEASE THAT THE COMMUNITY WILL ALSO GET FOR FREE: THE UNIVERSAL INSTALLER. AND AFTER THAT WE
DECIDE HOW TO MOVE ON WITH SO LITTLE IN OUR HANDS AND A COMMUNITY OF BIG WARM WORDS THAT APPARENTLY
DOES NOT APPRECIATE WHAT WE ARE DOING (AT LEAST IN ITS VAST MAJORITY).

FOR NOW: THANKS. WE ARE BACK. ENJOY WHAT WE SERVE. FOR FREE. WITHOUT REGISTRATION. AS ALWAYS.

IT HAS TAKEN THE COMMUNITY A TOTAL DOWNTIME OF 70 DAYS TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE NEED AND COLLECT THE FUNDS.
THOUGH WE ATTEMPTED TO EMPHASIZE THE IMMEDIATE REQUIREMENT AND BEGAN THE NEXT PUBLIC DONATION-CALL
FOR THE NEXT PAYMENT RIGHT AWAY, WE WERE UNABLE TO COLLECT THE REQUIRED AMOUNT OF MONEY IN TIME,
SO THE DOWNTIME WAS NECESSARY.

GUTE JAGD ALLE!
Downtime upcoming.
Lack of funds to pay all fees.

:animated-arrow: www.donitzeliteflotilla.com/HTML/Index_down.html
PUB - PUBLIC & GENERAL / Re: Thanks for your support in April
« Last post by DEF_FIEDLER on 20230512, 09:10:36 »
 :alc:
PUB - PUBLIC & GENERAL / Thanks for your support in April
« Last post by REV_Grey Eminence on 20230505, 08:56:27 »
Shark has come up with the summary of April and so we thank our supporters!

If only the group had every month a bit of support like this we would not have to go on downtimes.

Thanks! :drink:
I like the attitude of precaution and "willing to learn", so if you want to do it: Do it!

As for possible data losses: Make backups! Always!
PUB - PUBLIC & GENERAL / Re: Knot - Nautical Mile - distance - time calculator app ??
« Last post by ubsaltymax on 20230504, 10:30:39 »
That has not once happened in 18+ years of existence of SH3 and/or using mods and/or applying any of my tools, S3F being the oldest (almost 9 years old).
Installing a game, playing it and modifying it does not require neither justify going down that road and all that hassle with a dual-boot.
That is makework unless there are other reasons such as running another operating system.
As Glenn always said: KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid. I appreciate that expression.

Maybe you are familiar with the American phrase "Sxxt Happens",  I run several apps for another hobby that require Windows drivers, and if the drivers are not signed, they might get overwritten on a Windows update. That other hobby I put a lot of hours into, and if I am down for a couple of days, I could lose $$$ and the gigs associated with it that I have worked for 9 years to gain. I have always wanted to create a multi-boot setup; I have a wired network and NAS, but while Synology wants to claim it's simple to restore, the experience is stressful and not so easy. Forgive me if SH3 and running multiple instances are the catalyst I used to make the plunge lol, to learn something new, and will give me a new playground to experiment with other things and SH3. Something I didn't mention is that my current C: SSD is getting old, and this will allow me to upgrade from 500g to 1tb and use the old SSD for the playground setup.
I don't want to risk accidentally crashing my main system.
That has not once happened in 18+ years of existence of SH3 and/or using mods and/or applying any of my tools, S3F being the oldest (almost 9 years old).

Installing a game, playing it and modifying it does not require neither justify going down that road and all that hassle with a dual-boot.
That is makework unless there are other reasons such as running another operating system.

As Glenn always said: KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid. I appreciate that expression.
PUB - PUBLIC & GENERAL / Re: Knot - Nautical Mile - distance - time calculator app ??
« Last post by ubsaltymax on 20230502, 09:04:15 »
Thanks very much DEF_ButcherBiird for that tip, I haven't started adding mods yet.  I want to setup a dual boot system two ssd disks with C: drive with windows, then add mods.  It looks like the reason dedicated SH3 players have several Sh3 installations, each with different mods, then testing until they find an ideal setup.  I don't want to risk accidentally crashing my main system.

If anyone has experience setting up rEFind Dual Boot Manager especially for a dual boot setup for windows 10, I would appreciate an IM and we exchange emails.  I haven't setup a dual boot system before and have a number of questions.

One question is about adding an on/off power switch to each SSD drive, to save life on the drive that is not in use.  In fact I am wondering if I can simply do a dual power setup without a boot manager?   I used to use a E-Sata HD for backup drive and only turned it on when I needed.   I currently have a 500gig SSD C: and its getting old about 6 years, I bought a 1Tb SSD and plan to replace the 500gig with the 1tb for main Drive, and use the old 500g for games. 

Its not free but there is a phone app called sub buddy that gives you an attack disk and a TADS computer on the back for all those calculations. The widescreen mod that I use (ARB 1920x1080) has a RAoBF wheel built into the attack periscope as well for you to get those calculations.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10