Author Topic: [HOWTO] Use One TS3 Identity on 2 Separate PCs  (Read 1622 times)

gatordad

[HOWTO] Use One TS3 Identity on 2 Separate PCs
« on: 20180414, 16:53:17 »
Setting up TS3 on 2 separate computers to have the same DEF identity and server privileges is simple and straight forward:

The export function is within the TS3 Identities user/default line:

Select your user name

When you right click on the user, the export and import functions become available:

Pick a location easy to remember (I recommend desktop), name the file to be saved to desktop (I recommend using your TS3 DEF user name for ease of identification.)

Copy this file to the pc you desire to import the identity to (again, I recommend placing on your desktop), then open TS3, got to Tools, Identities, right click on default or your user name, and select Import

Select the file you placed on your pc desktop (or other location) and select Open

Now, all you need to do is rename as necessary within the Identities parameters

At this point, your TS3 DEF identity should match exactly what you have on your other pc and you can now use either to access TS3 without any connection/privilege issues with the DEF TS3 server.

Offline Eberhard Godt

• BdU/Flottillenchef
  • acts ELiTE - IS ELiTE!
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    0%
  • Chef der Operationsabteilung
Re: [HOWTO] Use One TS3 Identity on 2 Separate PCs
« Reply #1 on: 20210731, 17:35:03 »
@GATORDAD

Nice, this has helped! I have got an idea: Please do some instructions of this kind about how to export and backup your server-list.

Thanks again.
Glenn's health state deteriorated more and more and with his - as he called it - "brain fogginess"
he has never gotten around to doing anything useful after 02/2019.

So what you request here has never been done. Pity.

What you can do though is run %appdata%\TS3Client
and copy that entire folder-structure.

Most of the information spread on the internet is wrong or at least outdated,
there is no file "bookmarks.ini" anymore.

B/S on the net... you know...

This works to copy your IDENTITY AND YOUR BOOKMARKS
Copy %AppData%\TS3Client\settings.db to the same location on the new system while TeamSpeak is not running on either system.