Author Topic: Thoughts on...: Ubisoft and RELOADED  (Read 210 times)

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• ...somewhere...below...
  • REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    62.5%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
Thoughts on...: Ubisoft and RELOADED
« on: 20230319, 13:43:27 »
I find it increasingly astonishing how matters are dealt with on SuSi. They badmouth me with unfounded accusations about my software that - in their unqualified eyes - 'apparently' lacks integrity, completely ignoring that I provide checksums, detailed change-logs and all that in public only to keep players from using my software, but more to that later.

In the past those who posted about cracks were banned from their forum while they now allow pretty much every modder to release their modsoup as an independently running complete crack - more than often including the files that the SNOT gang advertised as "We do not post this here, but you find it when you search for it on the web". Worst example of publishing such an illegal full-game crack is OneAlex - and his modsoup may only be pushed so much because he is UKR and the UKR are the good ones in western media at the moment, but who knows...

Those crack-files, often referred to as the RELOADED-Crack shed a weird light on matters. Why would individuals spread those files under a different name? Hipocrit #1 is not the SNOT, no, is Plissken himself: While he publicly hosts a variety of movies and other copyright-related material and SuSi still promotes his archive on their forum, he deemed it necessary to spread those files as "Silent Hunter III RepairFiles" and alike.

Background: Much later than 2005, however, the SNOT-gang had already posted a sticky topic going like "Ubisoft approved this" as a solution to run the game without the DVD in the drive.

What? Ubisoft approved that? Using a crack by RELOADED?

Well, well, let me show you all another detail that indicates that Ubisoft seems to have a habit of approving what RELOADED does, look here, they, i.e. Ubisoft themselves, have done that in multiple cases, here is just one:

Ubisoft updated their own game 'Rainbow Six: Vegas 2' by publishing a patch that was based on a RELOADED-crack.

What?  :perdona: Yes, you read damn right and I quote this for you:

Ubisoft had a novel—not to mention cheap—way to fix this: a crack that allows the game to play without a disc in the drive. The issue? The crack came from the "warez" group Reloaded, with no attribution or notice that third-party code was used to fix the DRM issue.

Source: https://archive.is/AVRJe

Just a thought. Maybe you use your own brain now and re-assess SuSi's hipocricy on all this...
» HONOR, AMISTAD Y RESPETO! Es mejor morir de pie que vivir toda una vida de rodillas! «

⚡️ Home of S3A - S3F - S3G - DEFTS3 -