Author Topic: Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920x1080 RAOBF Speed Marker Fix  (Read 682 times)

JAFO

It is relatively straightforward to install and get working. The key thing to remember is to start with an .exe that's already had H.Sie's and Stiebler's patches applied, and edit the TychoSh3Patch.map to enable bigger map rendering. You then apply the Tycho patch to the .exe and drop it into the game installation.

Users of Ahnenerbe WideGui may or may not be aware that the red speed indicator on the RAOBF wheel is in the wrong position, resulting in incorrect target speeds being calculated if using it for manual targeting. The released AWG Final has the position of the mark across from 29 on the inner ring, whereas it should be across from 58 on the inner ring.

About 2 1/2 years ago, ericlea posted a corrected RAOBF image on the AWG thread at SuSi, but it was a pretty basic fix.. all he did was remove the incorrect marker and put in a little red marker line at the correct position, like so:

As you can see.. it's functional, but detracts somewhat from the rest of the image.

So I recently decided to see if I could re-work it to look more like the original item. Here is how my version looks:

And here's how it looks in-game:

A JSGME-ready patch of the fix can be downloaded here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4le7d76ug4fl7rj/Ahnenerbe_WideGui_1920x1080_RAOBF_Speed_Marker_Fix_-_by_JAFO.zip/file

« Last Edit: 20190212, 01:21:41 by DEF_BL!TZKR!EG »