Author Topic: Past, Current And Ongoing Projects - An Introduction  (Read 565463 times)

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• ...somewhere...below...
  • REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    75%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
When I left SH5 behind, I found my old love again: Silent Hunter III. The gameplay and immersion is much better than any other submarine-simulation that I have played in the past 30+ years, with maybe only AOTD coming close in things of SP/career (but then again totally missing out on MP and manual targeting unfortunately).

The situation on installation, tweaking and modding was far from satisfying. The moderators on the major forums (especially SuSi) have time for apparently every nonsensical crap but can not be bothered to strive for working links and keeping the forum sorted so one could then easily find what is searched. One of the most obvious and hilarious examples you can still see (today, 20210220) when you open the profile of JScones. The link in his signature still points to a deleted download SINCE WELL 6+ YEARS where it would be so easy to just make it work by pointing to File#4653! But what did these conceited jackasses do? They have never fixed it, instead deleted the fix I provided and in the end kicked me - the one who asked for having it fixed. Same with many all files that SNOT-posse deleted because it was me who coded them. So they prefer to have broken links instead of pointing to working downloads only because I was the one who uploaded/sorted them during my time as file-moderator there? Outright stupid, eh? That is why I quit chasing those ignorants and began with a number of projects to make my life with my found again love easier - and now all is available for FREE for everyone, WITHOUT need to register and with working and updated links - following is an overview, a logic nomenclature.

And it all has materialised without the 'support' and 'assistance' of their socalled community.

[div] - Multiplayer / Wolfpack / Online-Games
Another matter close to my heart has always been the multiplayer-capabilities of SH3 and the immense enhancement of game-fun involved. My approach since the closedown of the UBi-servers had been Tunngle and I have been strongly recommending it. But since the Tunngle-DEVs screwed up their own software, I then recommend EVOLVE, until Adam sold his project to Player.Me with the best of its functions dieing: The MP-connection. The threads that I have created had been listed within the dedicated group SH Multiplayer. It is a pity that the awkward administrator on that SuSi-forum has deleted a number of my threads without even letting me know any reason. Appreciation and respectful consideration look different! But at least they keep preaching that...

It turned out that TBT - The BL!TZKR!EG Team was also no longer a one-man-solo-show... The team turned five years old and we made a decision...

CURRENT & ACTiVE members of REViSi0N are... A-Z

I have in my hands the following source-codes:

S3O Client (Thanks Canovaro/xDEF/xTBT) -> soon to be replaced by the new S3Q
S3O Administration (Thanks Canovaro/xDEF/xTBT) -> totally recoded and several functions added
JFO (Thanks rudewarrior/DEF) -> soon a new tool and the installer
Commander
H.sie patch
Fader Berg patch
Tycho patch
S3R

Reverse-engineered:
- Transformer
- Tweak Pack
« Last Edit: 20230103, 16:19:05 by REV_BL!TZKR!EG »
» HONOR, AMISTAD Y RESPETO! Es mejor morir de pie que vivir toda una vida de rodillas! «

⚡️ Home of S3A - S3F - S3G - DEFTS3 -

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    75%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
Nomenclature - An Overview
« Reply #1 on: 20160831, 07:44:02 »
Tools that are not only for SH3, but can also be used for SH4 and/or SH5 are marked with [!]
to be added:
SH3TRK Submarine Tracking Room by LGN1 - I find that name totally misleading. Should be called SH3 Dynamic Response
SP2MP = Single Player To Multi Player Mission Converter - now published as part of S3MT.

SH3MOD:

Maybe somebody likes the AiOs I did, too: AiO - All in One
« Last Edit: 20220918, 21:41:32 by REV_BL!TZKR!EG »
» HONOR, AMISTAD Y RESPETO! Es mejor morir de pie que vivir toda una vida de rodillas! «

⚡️ Home of S3A - S3F - S3G - DEFTS3 -

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    75%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
Only shortly before Ken unfortunately passed away, we decided to restructure our then 3-year-old flotilla to attract more active and particularly constant players. |DEF| - The Doenitz Elite Flotilla has then become a major project of The BL!TZKR!EG Team ("TBT").  Although we miss Ken much, we have come up with very many new ideas and you are invited to follow the ongoing development: A new thread where you can really find "ALL you need to know" has been completed and will be furtherly updated: Doenitz Elite Flotilla - Standard Operating Procedures (="ALL You Need To Know")
Over the years I have written a number of tools specifically for |DEF|: LAST UPDATE TO THESE FILES: 20211117
  • [01] DEFPT1 V1.0.0.2b = DEF-Promo-Trailer#1 - DOWNLOAD: [DEFPT1]_We_are_back!.7z.
  • [02] DEFO = DEF-Online Viewer - is now included in the S3Q-Package
  • [03] DAPP = DEF-Applicator is now part of S3Q-Package
  • [04] DEFPAK = DEF-Pack
  • [05] S3Q = [S3Q] - Silent Hunter III-Quite Sophisticated U-Boot-Communications
    • [mod01] QPFR = Quick-PERSONNEL-FILE-Reporter
    • [mod02] QMPR = Quick-MULTI-PLAYER-Reporter
    • [mod03] QFKM = Quick-FunkMaat
    • [mod04] QTMR = Quick-TeamspeakMeetingReport - // DISCONTINUED, NOT NEEDED OR USED AT ALL //
    • [mod05] QRPC = Quick-Report-Post-Creator
    • [mod06] DAPP = DEF-Applicator
    • [mod07] DEFO = DEF-Onlineviewer
  • [06] S3OADM = S3O-Administration - see much more detailed here.
  • [07] DEFADM = DEF-specific-Administration-Modules
    • [mod01] ARECSP = Automatic Results Compiler for SP (including CP)
    • [mod02] ARECMP = Automatic Results Compiler for MP
    • [mod03] APTC = Automatic Point Table Calculations
    • [mod04] APTG = Automatic Point Table HTML Generator
    • [mod05] ASIG = Automatic Signature Generator
    • [mod06] AROS = Automatic Roster Generator
    • [mod07] AREM = Automatic Reminder
    • [mod08] APBP = Automatic Penalty&Bonus Points
  • [08] DEFMEM V2.0.0.0a = DEF-Member-Editor - DOWNLOAD: N/A, -ONLY 4 STAFF-
  • [09] S3OMIS V1.5.1.4a = S3OMissionToolkit  - now published for everyone as [S3MT].
  • [10] DEFCON = DEF-Control
    • [mod01] AINV = Automatic Invitations Duplicate, Ignore and Threshold Filter
    • [mod02] GSNM = Automatic GSN-Merge
  • [11] SP2MP = Single Player To Multi Player Mission Converter - now published as part of [S3MT].
  • [12] DEFMUS = Music & Additional Gramophone Tracks
  • [13] DEFORD = DEF-Orders Creator, click name to see version history, change-log and all details.

DEFMEM and DEFORD are going to be merged into one tool.
« Last Edit: 20211228, 08:21:13 by REV_Grey Eminence »

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    75%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
[S3B] - The Silent Hunter III-Backup (ITW)
« Reply #3 on: 20170727, 13:04:20 »
S3B/SH3BAK is a backup-solution for SH3-installation-specific files. I have seen so many players screwing up their installation and thereby crashing or even losing their career or campaign-data that I thought this would be very helpful.

You simply select the installpath, S3B reads Filemanager.dll and offers you to make a backup of...
  • the entire installation (installpath$)
  • only the mods-folder (installpath$MODS/)
  • the SP/CP-related files (career/campaign-data in %MyDocuments%)
  • your settings in %MyDocuments%

THIS MODULE IS SOON TO BE INTEGRATED IN S3F (MENU_SETTINGS!)
« Last Edit: 20210921, 16:54:21 by REV_BL!TZKR!EG »

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    75%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
[S3C] - The Silent Hunter III-Commander
« Reply #4 on: 20170727, 13:08:06 »
⭐️ S3C  = Silent Hunter III - Commander (by JScones)  - [DOWNLOAD]
👉🏻 You do not need to download SH3 Patrol Log Editor plug-in, because it is included in S3C since V3.2.
💾 GWX-Supplemental-Files for S3C: DOWNLOAD
💾 NYGM-Supplemental-Files for S3C: DOWNLOAD
✨ Latest version: V3.2

Widely known through all the past 15+ years, S3C, also known as SH3C (full name Silent Hunter III-Commander) has become one of the most useful addons ever released for SH3, with a great many underestimated options and heaps of them apparently totally unknown. You virtually do not leave port without this must-have for SH3: You run your game through S3C (S3F supports that, too), you get patrol reports after playing and can then edit KTBs by use of S3C, in [DEF] you even do your reporting with the results you get from S3C for the tonnage-tables and scores [offered for members]. It complements any mega-mod you choose and greatly expands your gameplay with a host of controls and details which add to whatever campaign you choose to play.

WHAT S3C IS NOT:
S3C is not a mod per se, so it needs not be activated using JSGME. On the contrary: It is an addon-program that INCLUDES most, if not all functions of JSGME - fine-tuned for SH3 and yes! S3C has 'his' own MODs!
"S3C-specific MODs": show
NEWSMOD/RADIOMOD
RANDOM SHIP TONNAGE MOD
Sailor Steve's SH3 Cmdr Load Screens
WB and Cezbor's SH3 Cmdr extra promotions
WB's SH3 Cmdr mod for IABL's MFM Skin Pack v3
WB's SH3 Cmdr mod for Rubini's Air Torpedoes v2.0
WB's SH3 Cmdr accurate torpedo loadout
WB's SH3 Cmdr Combimod
WB's SH3 Cmdr VIIA
WB's SH3 Cmdr Kurfurst's Schnelltauchback mod
WB's SH3 Cmdr GWX Mid-Patrol Radio Orders
WB's SH3 Cmdr date mod for TDW's DC Water Disturbance v4.0
WB's SH3 Cmdr random mod for TDW's DC Water Disturbance v4.0
WB's SH3 Cmdr 99% realism mod
WB's SH3 Cmdr patch for h.sie's en_menu
WB's SH3 Cmdr XXI 1939
WB's SH3 Cmdr Randomised Intro Messages
WB's SH3 Cmdr Warning Orders (GWX ONLY!)

WHAT S3C IS AND WHAT IT IS GOOD FOR:
With S3C it you can...
- fully modify the game to your liking
- activate/deactive mods by date and thereby add so much for immersion
- control many game-parameters with only a single click. It does for your career what the major supermods do for your game.
- manage you crew
- award medals-
- change numerous settings, add sabotage and/or malfunctions, and a heap of other things. It complements any supermod you choose with a host of controls and details which add to whatever campaign you choose. You can also configure things like how you want your "crew-fatigue-model".

In addition, you can change the parameters of just about any option which can be set in S3C, such as career length, sabotage and/or malfunctions effects, or even wave height. Use it to apply MFM skins at appropriate dates, to randomize the band music (and pinups!) and to update the “Sperrnetze” charts. And much more... S3C can even amend single bytes in ANY SH3-file! And replace any file you want. In other words: S3C is a full-blown-up and fine-tuned JSGME for SH3.

All of these changes are applied when SH3 is started from inside S3C.
All of them are removed and the original files are replaced when S3C is rolled back. ALWAYS HAVE ROLLBACK=ON !

Crew Fatigue.
Water Clarity.
Wave Height.
Deck Gun Reload Times.
Add random Malfunctions and Sabotage.
Randomize U-Boot Crush Depth.

Career Options:
Start Patrols At Sea.
Have a realistic Career Length (i.e. one that does not last the whole war).
Realistic Crew Transfers.
Historic U-Boot Availability Dates.
Choose Number Of Days Spent In Base.
Have real ship names, cargo and crew numbers applied to ships you sink.
Randomize Gramophone Tracks.
Full Control over Time Compression.
Write Your Own Patrol Logs.

Deploy mods under specified conditions:
- to only take effect after a specified date
- selected randomly from a set of alternatives
- to take effect randomly, but only after a specified date
- to only take effect if you have chosen a particular U-Boot type
- to only take effect if you have chosen a particular flotilla
Change only a portion of an SH3 text or binary file without replacing the entire file
Change a portion of an SH3 text or binary file only during a specified time period
Change a portion of an SH3 text or binary file selected randomly from a set of alternatives
Change a portion of an SH3 text or binary file randomly, but only during a specified date range

CON: is no longer continued. JScones turns down requests with...
           "It's 3 Windows-versions old, you better reinvent the wheel from scratch, I will not help you or share code,
           copyright-this, lawyer-that, oh and by the way I have already alerted other forums instead of talking to you"
           JScones, you can not be serious. You yourself (!) wrote once:
           "I should also point out that if anyone else wants to create an even fancier editor, feel free.
           I'll happily advise what needs to be done to make it a compatible SH3 Commander plug-in."
           source: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=808082&postcount=1

...and guys like you and your SNOT-friends say that *I* antagonize or alienate people??? That must be a GWX-joke!

However, there will be no further updates to it because the author of it does not support any improvements and instead threats everyone willing to extend the functions with his lawyers. So to anyone who tries to contact that individual, it will go in these steps:
- he will takes ages for a response
- then he will tell you that this program is oh so many Windows-versions and oh so many years old and he cannot be bothered
- next will be (in my case that came out of nowhere and totally uncalled) he will tell you that his lawyers are looking out already to persecute your possible and yet undone actions - That is the wellknown GWX-asshole-attitude in purest form as I had to find out 20180703.

"How to use S3C in DEF": show
As soon as you have received your assignment, deploy S3C to create your career by taking these steps:
→ create a new career with a new commander
- enter your Kommandant-name
- start from the second flotiilla in 1939 or whatever month/year your next patrol period is in
- choose a U-Boot
- then when you actually get in game and click on that career, make sure you choose that second flotilla and the year you chose in commander and you should start out of Wilhelmshaven with a that U-Boot.

SINGLE PLAYER mission initiation process.
-Open S3C in S3F
-Enter the appropriate new kommander and appropriate dates from orders received.
-Initiate the appropriate SH3 game from inside the S3C (pressing the button at the bottom)
-Follow instructions in orders.
-When appropriate, save game, exit to desktop and send appropriate message (contact/update/arrival on patrol area/status etc..)
-Update S3O

-once response received, proceed with mission (either back into running game or from saved game).
You can continue your patrol, simply make sure to keep notes for your next post(s). However, wait to post on the forum until you have received a response
to your current post. This gives the Flotilla staff time enough to receive the message, decode if Enigma is being used, and then have the Flottillenchef respond to your message.

You can make your own profile which will be added into the game. Everytime you complete a patrol it will automatically update your own Personel file, THIS IS THE FILE YOU WILL SEND USING S3Q_QPFR. It is very straightforward, simply click "NEW CAREER" left on the tab and then fill out your details, THIS IS WHERE YOU ENTER YOUR MED U-Boot NUMBER, AND CAPTAINS NAME. Also make sure starting date is 08/1941 else you'll need to catch up 2 years to the rest of us!

After that always start the game through S3C, that way when you finish a patrol or the game and wish to leave SH3, you will return to the main-screen of S3C and click on "CLICK FOR AVAILABLE ACTIONS" and then "UPDATE YOUR PERSONELL FILE" this will open a web browser window where you can check that all your    patrol data is correct.

First off, let’s talk about the main SH3 Commander screen. On the right is your SoldBuch (=Wehrpass), which identifies you as a member of the Kriegsmarine branch of the Wehrmacht. There are 10 items displayed here. The last item is a list of things you can do – like review you patrol summaries, set up your crew, annotate the standard patrol summary and add comments, etc.

Everything else (Soldbuch lines 1 through 9) cannot be touched while your U-Boot is at sea. In port, however, there are things you can do …

•   Change your U-Boot number
     •   Change your U-Boot type – does not cost you renown
     •   Set your primary patrol grid for your next patrol
     •   Change your status between “In other base …” and “In home base …”

This last one, STATUS, is very important to understand.

As you know, we will be running patrols in 3-month increments.  If you are at a base that is not your home port, you cannot set your torpedo load-out nor add equipment.  Furthermore, you have no control over when you leave that foreign base – you will leave the next day or as soon as your U-Boot is repaired; whichever is longer.  However, if you change the STATUS from “In other base …" to “In home base …” by mouse-clicking on it, you still cannot add equipment or setup your torpedoes, but you DO have control over when you leave that base.

« Last Edit: 20230615, 21:46:56 by REV_BL!TZKR!EG »

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    75%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
[S3Co] - Silent Hunter III-Contacts
« Reply #5 on: 20170727, 13:08:22 »
Quoting from the readme.txt of version 1.1/20071012:

This tool allows you to raise or lower the probabilities of getting radio reports.

SH3 assigns reports probability numbers for each route of traffic (single ships),
convoys, and task forces. A lot of them set to 'never' or very low for task forces.
Enter the % of routes you would like to change values, then type the probability
limits of get a report, and at last the 'try reporting' time limits.

For example:
   "I want to 30% of traffic, 50% of convoys, and 100% task forces to
   have a random chance between 20% and 80%,
   to be reported, trying reporting between a random time of 12 and 72 hours."

You must type:

"By default many ships will never get reported:
        Which percentaje of those ships do you like to be candidate of being reported?"

"The probability to get a report will be between:"

20 "And" 80   "% for single ships"
      20 "And" 80   "% for convoys"
      20 "And" 80   "% for task forces"

"For each contact, the game will try to report every:" (minutes)

"Min" "Max"
      "Single ships"    720   4320 
      "Convoys"   720   4320
      "Task forces"   720   4320

(Note: In "" the program texts. The numbers are just for example purpose).

You can play with different values until you find yourself comfortable with
the reports behaviour.

Important note:
    Of course, because it is random, some routes will get higher chances of being
reported and others low, meaning that between patrols you may encounter an area
with more reports than the others. If you notice this, restore the file to its
original and run the tool again! this way you keep very random where the reports
are made.

Available for download in S3A !
« Last Edit: 20190213, 19:18:17 by DEF_BL!TZKR!EG »

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    75%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
[S3DC] - Silent Hunter III-Dynamic Campaign
« Reply #6 on: 20170727, 13:08:59 »
S3DC = Silent Hunter III - Dynamic Campaign (by Macchiavelli) - Discussion-Thread - [DOWNLOAD]

PRO: changes your campaign-files for more "realism and immersion".
 PRO: can integrate with S3R by EFB
 PRO: is actively continued work

« Last Edit: 20170727, 18:06:55 by BL!TZKR!EG »

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    75%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
[S3F] - The Silent Hunter III-Front-End
« Reply #7 on: 20170727, 13:09:59 »
S3F = Silent Hunter III - Front-End (by BL!TZKR!EG) - Download-Link

DEVELOPMENT CONTINUES HERE WITHOUT USELESS WELCOME-POSTS WITH NO CONTENT AND CENSORSHIP WHEN YOU STATE THAT FACT OR DEFEND AGAINST (MOSTLY) GERMAN TROLLS THAT DERAIL YOUR OWN THREAD: [S3F] - Silent Hunter III-Front-End - the NEW way to go (DEV-Thread)

PRO: addresses already a number of tools from one menu, more can easily be added
 PRO: can address every existing installation and integrate addons with that data
 PRO: works "out-of-the-box" and configures itself automatically
 PRO: is actively continued work = NEW VERSIONS CONTINUOUSLY IN THE PIPELINE!
« Last Edit: 20211108, 09:47:08 by REV_BL!TZKR!EG »

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    75%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
[S3Ge] - Silent Hunter III-Gen
« Reply #8 on: 20170727, 13:10:49 »
S3Ge  = Silent Hunter III - Gen Campaign Enhancement (by GlobalExplorer) - [DOWNLOAD]

PRO: generates a number of immersive effects on the savegame.
CON: is no longer continued. Author Christian refuses to reply to requests and returns offensive words.

Because Sh3Gen was completely relying on ingame visualization, and the dire restrictions of the SHIII map station I decided I want to visualize the Sh3Gen data in an external application.

Sh3Gen Tracking Room Editions come with an option to export data that can be used with GIS (geographical information) systems.

You will need to download a tool that can display the map data. I have optimized it for usage with the (completely free) TatukGIS Viewer, a great program, but it’s possible to use it with other GIS tools that can read GML files.

With Sh3Gen and the viewer you can now study the strategic situation like in a real tracking room. Another great advantage is that you can now store and review your previous patrols, which was one of the things I really wanted to have.

The GIS view contains all the data that you are used to from Sh3Gen, plus a lot more through the data panels. There is now a detailed property table for every object in the map, while the SHIII Map is restricted to hold all informations in a 19 character string.

This should be extremely interesting if you run it on a two monitor setup or a second computer. I haven't tried that yet, but it should open up a whole lot of new possibilities!!

I don’t know of I will find the time to create documentation for the GIS part. Using the GIS initially requires a little bit of learning, but is also extremely powerful.

INSTRUCTIONS

Register and download the free TatukGIS Viewer.

Get the latest version of Sh3Gen Tracking Room. Use it like previous versions until you exit the summary screen

After the summary screen a new window pops up which allows you to specify the place where the generator should place the tracking room files. Usually it should be ok to use the values automatically chosen by Sh3Gen.

If you click "Export", the generator will create a new folder and copy all the required files into it.

If you already have the TatukGIS viewer installed, and you have the "Launch automatically" checkbox on, the map will open up instantly.

Later you can launch any map generated previously by opening up Sh3Gen\UserData\<..>\ and double clicking the corresponding "Sh3Gen Tracking Room.TTKGP" file.

There is another file “Traffic Concentrations.TTKGP” which brings you directly to an alternative map with traffic hotspots for merchants, destroyers, warships and submarines.

The GIS viewer has a multitude of options, which we can discuss later. I have tried to set it up in a way that should be enough for most people. But you don’t get any “stupider” by learning some things about the GIS world. There is a lot more you can do with those tools than just zooming and panning about, and I hope to provide you with tips soon.

If it doesn't seem to do anything, make sure that the "Tracking Room" checkbox under "General Settings" is on (though it should be on by default).

Sh3Gen is an external patrol engine for Silent Hunter III. It reads and analyzes the main application files, adds historic and geo-data and writes back an updated patrol information into a savegame. The new information shows up on reload of the savegame, in the ingame map and wardiary.

Sh3Gen is meant to be an athmosphere and gameplay enhancement, not a spysat mod. Therefore, any information will be given randomly and will often not be reliable. There are a multitude of options to adjust reliability and amount of information to your playing style, as well as options to switch off certain modules. In easier words: What SH3 Gen is all about is that you finish your patrol, then go where SH3 Gen advises you to. It is not intended to replace your assigned Patrol, you would be missing out on valuable renown.

SH3 Gen is most valuable for the mines & subnet markings on the Nav Map, and ideas on where to go next for extra tonnage. Precisely, you will be given information about:

enemy ports - what kind of ships are there?
warships, big ships and convoys - where does HQ suspect them to be?
the overall situation - whats going on in the world in general?
single merchants - in which areas can you expect to find unprotected shipping?
position of airbases - you can deduct amount of airpower from this

In addition to the data that comes from SHIII, it adds layers of 'virtual' data, namely:
real, varying mission objectives
standing operational orders in effect during the patrol, specifically researched for the whole war

Older versions
v0.8.1 - 97 msgs
version 0.6.0 - 474 msgs
version 0.6.0 - 17 msgs
Sh3Gen updates and discussion - 67 msgs
version 0.5.0 - 15 msgs
Old UBI-thread: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/317101-SH3-Gen
« Last Edit: 20220110, 17:22:17 by REV_BL!TZKR!EG »

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    75%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
[S3K] - The Silent Hunter III-Keymapper
« Reply #9 on: 20170727, 13:12:11 »
« Last Edit: 20211124, 17:40:22 by REV_Grey Eminence »

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    75%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
[S3L] - The Silent Hunter III-Log
« Reply #10 on: 20170727, 13:12:32 »
[S3L] - The Silent Hunter III-Log

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    75%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
[S3P] - Silent Hunter III-Patrol
« Reply #11 on: 20170727, 13:14:04 »
S3P  = Silent Hunter III - Patrol (by Stiebler) released as part of NYGM since V2.5 - [DOWNLOAD]

PRO: generates sensible random patrol zones, a WORKING fix for the "NULL"-grid-issue and more.
 PRO: does not replace S3C, will sometimes provide solutions in circumstances where SH3Commander fails.

Briefly, the purpose of SH3Patrol is to improve the use of U-tankers (milkcows) by allocating randomly a time of 1-5 days for docking, and subsequently providing a grid patrol area instead of 'NULL'. It will also supply grid patrol areas when proceeding from German ports that are not the U-Boot's base, and will allow you to change your patrol grid while actually at your U-Boot base.

If you are using the hard-code fixes, then the only purpose of SH3Patrol v4 is to ensure your radar receivers are up to date at a tanker (and if you dock at the tanker, then all the other disadvantages mentioned above apply, since you will have negated the benefit of the hard-code fix.)

The remaining big advantage to all users is to reset your base to the 29th Flotilla if you sail from the Atlantic into the Mediterranean. This needs to be done only once, and can be done in dock at La Spezia.

The main purpose of the program was its use in connection with the U-tankers (or a surface tanker) in mid-ocean. Previously, arrival at the tanker was the same as arriving at any German land-base - you got a full load-out of the default torpedo selection, a full tank of fuel, all damage was repaired, and you sailed again about a month later. In addition, all your sinkings at the time of docking with the tanker were credited, and the new patrol from the tanker added one to the total number of patrols. None of these actions was realistic, but particularly irritating was the month pause in mid-ocean. This last problem was solved by SH3 Patrol, which reduced the delay to one day, and version 2 automatically updated your radar receivers three months after the latest radar receivers had become available at your home base.

A secondary purpose was to provide new patrol grids when a grid of NULL was shown, after departing from any base that was not the U-Boot’s home-base (including from a tanker). It was, and is, necessary to save the game in mid-patrol, run the program SH3Patrol, then reload your saved patrol. In addition, you could change the new patrol grid assigned to you at your home base by using SH3Patrol while at base. This could be useful when, for example, your enormous IXD2 U-Boot is ordered by SH3 to patrol the narrow confines of the English Channel in 1944. SH3Patrol assigned a new patrol grid based on your base, the year and your U-Boot type.

Both of these functions were superseded by the combined Hsie-Stiebler hard-code patches, which fixed all these problems. However, there remain two potentially useful functions, as well as a default possibility.

Radar Receivers:
The update of the radar receivers at sea was an important task for the tankers in real life. Both Hsie and I spent a long time trying to make the radar receivers available at tankers with a hard-code fix, but we both failed. We could force the U-Boot to accept a new radar receiver, but it would not show on the conning tower, and it would not detect radar transmissions.

Sail U-Boot to Mediterranean:
This is a new function, found only in my new release of SH3Patrol version 4. When you sail into the Mediterranean Sea from your Atlantic home base, there seems to be no way of assigning your boat to the 29th (Mediterranean) Flotilla. You can sail to the flotilla base, La Spezia, but it does not behave like your new home base, no matter how many patrols you make from it in the Mediterranean. This means no updates of equipment and no chance to transfer back to the Atlantic. (At present, if you want to play in the Mediterranean, you have to ask for a transfer from your Atlantic base to the 29th Flotilla. Then later you can ask for a transfer back to the Atlantic. In real life, all U-Boote had to sail into the Mediterranean from the Atlantic, otherwise how could the U-Boote get there? The Type VII boats were too large to be transported by road or rail from Germany.)

Default Possibility:
Many players of SH3 have been unable, for one reason or another, to install the Hsie-Stiebler hard-code patches. A re-release of SH3Patrol allows to be remedied at least a few of the defects of the original SH3 code.

Full instructions are included with the mod download, in the form of a .RTF file and a .CHM file.
« Last Edit: 20211124, 20:00:28 by REV_Grey Eminence »

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    75%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
S3R  = Silent Hunter III - Radio-Traffic-Exchange (originally by ExFishermanBob), old: Radio Traffic Exchange (real-players' radio traffic)

Click on picture to enlarge and see how this tool looked.

PRO: is a really awesome WORKING idea for transmitting and receiving ingame-radio-messages using savegame-manipulation
 PRO: can already integrate with S3DC
 CON: is no longer continued. I still have the sources-codes. Maybe I find someone who wants to join me. Why? S3R - what is it, what files we have and where it was stopped

« Last Edit: 20221004, 16:46:04 by REV_Grey Eminence »

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    75%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
[S3T] - The Silent Hunter III-Transformer
« Reply #13 on: 20170727, 13:15:30 »
S3T  = Silent Hunter III - Transformer (by Alfred Keitzer) - OLD Discussion-Thread - [DOWNLOAD]

PRO: is not meant to replace S3C, but adds functions that S3C does not have
CON: does apparently not work under all circumstances (tested Win7 and Win10) and gives Runtime Error 13

This program will allow you to start your career with a Type VII U-Boot at Lorient (or any other German base) in November, 1941, go through the Straits to the Mediterranean, and enter your new base at the 23. U-Flottille {Salamis} or 29. U-Flottille {La Spezia} on or after 01 December 1941.

We recommend departing from Lorient as the shortest route to the Mediterranean, but SH3 Transformer supports departure from other German bases if you are a glutton for punishment.

Whether your initial base in the Mediterranean is Salamis in Southern Greece or La Spezia in Northwest Italy depends on which version of SH3 you use.  Regardless, all U-Boote will be based at La Spezia(Italy) by April, 1942.

A Word about SH3 Transformer {S3T}, what is that?

S3T was developed to allow flexibility in how Silent Hunter III, and MODs thereto, operate. S3T provides four parameter modification functions and a host of U-Boot crew transfer functions not supported in the standard Silent Hunter III game.
  • S3T was designed to allow all sorts of U-Boot transfers not otherwise supported by SH3.
  • S3T is designed to work with SH3 Commander {S3C}.  It must be installed.
  • S3T does make modifications to the “flotilla” configuration file of SH3 to support these transfers.  These modifications are ONLY applicable to the patrol in which the transfer occurs.  After the transfer patrol is complete, the modifications to the “flotilla” configuration file should be undone using the “Reset My Flotilla Configuration File” button in Transformer.
  • IMPORTANT.  Because S3T modifies an SH3 configuration file, you should not run any other U-Boot patrols or load other U-Boot SAVE files within the same version of SH3 while performing a U-Boot transfer.  This is because there are linkages between SH3 SAVE files and the configuration files – changes in configuration files mid-patrol can cause the loading of SH3 SAVE files to fail.  This is when players who do not follow given instructions usually start complaing that their game has crashed and they can not load their SAVEGAME.
Therefore, when performing a U-Boot transfer with S3T, the procedure is:

•   Configure and initiate the transfer setup with S3T;
•   Only run your U-Boot transfer patrol in SH3 until you reach your new base and the patrol is over; 
•   Yes, you can safely SAVE in SH3 during your U-Boot transfer.
•   Once the transfer is complete, reset your “flotilla” configuration file using S3T;

Only then is it safe to run and load SAVE files for other U-Boote and captains in the same version of SH3.

SH3 Transformer Download

SH3 Transformer v1.0.19 Setup

Installing SH3 Transformer

Extract the files from the 7-Zip download to a temporary directory and execute the “Setup.exe” program   Some operating systems may require you to set compatibility for the “Setup.exe” program to “Windows XP (Service Pack 2)” and “Run this program as an administrator”.

On your first entry into SH3 Transformer, you may need to set the directory paths for the program, especially if you have multiple installations of SH3 on your computer.  Check the directory paths and make sure they are correct.

IF YOU ARE A NEW U-Boot Kommandant

•   For “Type of Orders”, “Commissioning New U-Boot” should be selected.
     •   “New Kommandant” should be checked.
                -- “Date Last Patrol Ended” will be disabled.
     •   For “Next Patrol Starts”, select NOV 1941
     •   For “U-Boot Pick-Up Location”, select Lorient (or whatever German base you want to leave from)
     •   For “Destination Location”, select “23rd/29th Flotilla” or “29th Flotilla” depending on the version of SH3 you are using.
     •   Select the “Initiate Update” button

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING U-Boot Kommandant

If you are an existing U-Boot Kommandant (i.e. you have already commenced a career and want to continue that) who needs to change U-Boote and transfer to the Mediterranean, please come to Teamspeak, this requires specific instructions.

In both cases, your configuration files are now modified.  You will get a detailed list of instructions from S3T on how to proceed, which you can save and/or print.  The instructions will look something like this -- example is for a new U-Boot Kommandant…

================
  INSTRUCTIONS
================

New Kommandant's Checklist -- Starting a new career with U-Boot commissioning on 01-Aug-1941
                              and beginning Combat Patrol on or about 01-Nov-1941...

Exit SH3 Transformer

Start SH3 Commander
   In the main SH3 Commander application window, select 'New Career'
      Enter your Kommandant's Name
      For 'Year', enter '1941'
      For 'Month', enter '11'
      For 'Flotilla' select '23rd/29th Flotilla'
      For 'Type' enter the U-Boot Type assigned in your orders
      For 'Number', enter the U-Boot number assigned in your orders
      For 'Grid', enter the grid assigned by your new Flottillenchef,
         or a grid near your destination if no PZ assigned
   From SH3 Commander, start the simulation.

In SH3, select 'CAREER'
   Select your Kaleun name if not already selected, and press 'Accept'
   Select 'New Career'
   In the careers window ...
      Select the year '1941'
      Select the Flotilla '23rd/29th Flotilla' regardless of what is displayed above it.
      Select 'Start'
   This should take you to the Briefing Room
   Make sure the U-Boot Type is as assigned in your orders
   Add the latest equipment available for your U-Boot Type
   Assign additional crew to your U-Boot, if necessary
   Once configuration of your U-Boot is complete, start your patrol

Your patrol should start from Lorient
   The date should be on or about 01-Nov-1941 depending on equipment upgrades
   Remain at sea at least until 01-Dec-1941
   You should receive a message on 01-DEC-1941 that your base has changed to Salamis
   Whether you receive this message or not, you can enter Salamis on or after 01-Dec-1941

Setting up SH3 Commander

So following the instructions from S3T, your SH3 Commander setup would look something like this after you select “New Career” and enter your data …

Be sure to select the date before you select the Flotilla; otherwise, your Flotilla may not be in the list.  As you can tell from the instructions, you will have to stay at sea until 01 Dec 1941 – this is an SH3 limitation for new captains.  If you have time to spare once you enter the Mediterranean, you can choose to patrol wherever you want until 01 Dec 1941 when you can enter port. 

Oddities You Can Ignore

There are a few oddities you may observe when doing transfers with Transformer.  You can ignore these – they have to do with the way SH3 works.  Here are a few.

When you get to the Silent Hunter III Career page for your new captain, make sure the year (1941) and Flotilla (23rd/29th Flotilla or just 29th Flotilla) match.  You might notice on the map to the right that your departure location (Lorient or wherever you depart from) is displayed where La Spezia or Salamis should be – DON’T WORRY ABOUT IT; JUST PRESS ON.

DON’T FORGET TO ADD EQUIPMENT AND ADD CREW
BEFORE YOU LEAVE !!
When you get to the departure orders, you may notice that the “Starting Base” and “Return to Base” are both Lorient, or wherever you start.  This is because SH3 does not know you will be at sea at least until 01 Dec 1941, when your base will change to the Mediterranean.  DON’T WORRY ABOUT IT; JUST PRESS ON.

When you have arrived at your new base and your patrol is finished…

•   Exit Silent Hunter III
     •   Start SH3 Transformer and select “Reset My Flotilla Configuration File”
     •   Exit SH3 Transformer
     •   You are done.

Stop in at "Buero des Flottillenchefs" when you arrive and report your arrival.
This is simulated by using S3O - The Operation Spinnennetz. Send a complete "Statusbericht" (Status-report) and post a short arrival information in your personal thread using S3Q_QRPC.
« Last Edit: 20221028, 11:11:33 by REV_BL!TZKR!EG »

Offline REV_BL!TZKR!EG

• REViSi0N
  • one of the leaders
  • ELiTE Skill Level:
    75%
  • TECH ADMiN
    • Links!!
=DAPP=
« Reply #14 on: 20170927, 10:31:16 »
[01] DAPP = DEF-APPlicator
  • is to be used by new recruits that want to join DEF
  • and current members that wish to change or update their data
  • lets you enter all needed data in appropriate format
  • lets you choose a nice looking signature
  • synchronizes signature-graphics (now 80+ available signatures!)
  • lets you then view them all
  • generates a data-file compatible to our userdatabase
  • transmits this application-file to our server
  • Now also lets user join CP and displays Campaign-Info
DOWNLOAD: [DAPP]-DEF-Applicator.
« Last Edit: 20190927, 12:15:10 by DEF_BL!TZKR!EG »